The Student Room Group

First Date?

Right, so I've been talking to a girl now for a few weeks, I'm pretty sure she likes me, and I like her. I want to ask her out on a date, maybe go to the movies or something, but I just don't know how to ask her. Guys, how would you ask her, and girls, if someone asked you on a first date, how would you like them to ask you? Thanks :smile:
I don't really mind how they ask me, it's what they say that counts. Just be sweet and be yourself
Reply 2
Original post by georgiaswift
I don't really mind how they ask me, it's what they say that counts. Just be sweet and be yourself

What type of stuff would they say? Thanks for replying :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Right, so I've been talking to a girl now for a few weeks, I'm pretty sure she likes me, and I like her. I want to ask her out on a date, maybe go to the movies or something, but I just don't know how to ask her. Guys, how would you ask her, and girls, if someone asked you on a first date, how would you like them to ask you? Thanks :smile:

Do you wanna hang out with me in the weekend? Or something like that. Try not to overcomplicate it. :smile:
Just tell her straight mate. Ask to meet up and watch a movie, if you're saying she likes you then she should be up for it, if not try doing something other than going to the cinema.
Reply 5
Original post by buci98
Do you wanna hang out with me in the weekend? Or something like that. Try not to overcomplicate it. :smile:

Ok thanks, would you recommend going to watch a movie or something?
Reply 6

Nah :biggrin:
Go for a walk somewhere or have a dinner somewhere-stuff like that. Cinema isn't good cause you just stare at a big screen for 3 hours and don't really talk to her.

take her Ice skating
Reply 8
Original post by buci98
Nah :biggrin:
Go for a walk somewhere or have a dinner somewhere-stuff like that. Cinema isn't good cause you just stare at a big screen for 3 hours and don't really talk to her.

Ok, thanks for the advice :biggrin:
What type of stuff would they say? Thanks for replying :smile:

Just ask if she'd like to go out sometime, because you'd love to get to know her better.

By the way movies are a bit cliche, if she says yes why don't you talk to her and decide on something together? My boyfriend and I went to the Natural History Museum for our first date
Movies are okay.. I've been on a 'date' to the cinema myself but most of the time we were sitting in silence, holding hands yes but just watching the movie. Maybe combine it with a walk in a nice park and Bob is your father's brother.
Original post by georgiaswift
Just ask if she'd like to go out sometime, because you'd love to get to know her better.

By the way movies are a bit cliche, if she says yes why don't you talk to her and decide on something together? My boyfriend and I went to the Natural History Museum for our first date

Ok, thanks :smile: I will try that
Original post by SeanFM
Movies are okay.. I've been on a 'date' to the cinema myself but most of the time we were sitting in silence, holding hands yes but just watching the movie. Maybe combine it with a walk in a nice park and Bob is your father's brother.

Yeah, I guess it's not too good. Haha ok thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending