People who don't want kids are lucky.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by High Stakes
topkek

Hahahahaha I died.

What's your blizzard name ?
Reply 61
Original post by hoping4Astars
The people who said they don't want kids, don't you think that you will be lonely when you are older and have no one to share life with? Personally I don't mind having to buy a bigger house if I can have the joy of having children around the house who make life a lot better. I consider myself very lucky to want to have children.

No one to share life with? Wife/husband/nieces, whatever. And as I said, some of us hope to not live until we are old, anyway! I couldn't even afford to grow old, plastic surgery is too expensive!

But I didn't mean it like 'oh, don't have kids cause you need to buy abigger house', it just randomly occured to me that I wont have to buy a house ever, cause it would be no use to me
Original post by hoping4Astars
The people who said they don't want kids, don't you think that you will be lonely when you are older and have no one to share life with? Personally I don't mind having to buy a bigger house if I can have the joy of having children around the house who make life a lot better. I consider myself very lucky to want to have children.

well ppl who have kids can be just as loney. what about when they move out? loads of lonely older people had kids but then they moved away, sometimes to other countries. OFC this isn't every parent but it isn't every non child bearing person either.
Original post by driftawaay
Yeah but when you're young you dont really care about that. Like what 20 year old sits around thinking 'I have to have a kid because if I dont, in 60 years I will be lonely' haha.

But I dont want to live till I am that old anyway! I have already decided that I will just go to one of those euthanasia clinics if I dont die of an illness by then.

It's easy to dismiss it now, but old age will come to us all unless something horrendous happens to us. As for Dignitas - if you don't sit around thinking about old age, how can you have possibly made up your mind that you'll be euthanized?
Reply 64
Original post by somethingbeautiful
It's easy to dismiss it now, but old age will come to us all unless something horrendous happens to us. As for Dignitas - if you don't sit around thinking about old age, how can you have possibly made up your mind that you'll be euthanized?

It wasnt hard. I heard about it and said 'That makes sense, i'll do that if I dont die by then' it was an easy decision tbh. And the whole euthanasia thing isnt really widespread yet but it will be by the time we are old and I suspect lots of people will die that way from our generation.
No one to share life with? Wife/husband/nieces, whatever. And as I said, some of us hope to not live until we are old, anyway! I couldn't even afford to grow old, plastic surgery is too expensive!

But I didn't mean it like 'oh, don't have kids cause you need to buy abigger house', it just randomly occured to me that I wont have to buy a house ever, cause it would be no use to me

I do think that not having kids, having a partner I use contraception with, and dying suddenly and a bit earlier than I decline, is pretty much ideal, provide you find enough to fulfill yourself with ambition wise.
Reply 66
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I do think that not having kids, having a partner I use contraception with, and dying suddenly and a bit earlier than I decline, is pretty much ideal, provide you find enough to fulfill yourself with ambition wise.

Tbh I wanto live until about 70. It's the perfect age to die! I dont want part of my salary put into my pensions either because a, our generation wont get pensions b, even if we do, I wont be alive to have a retirement :u: Retirement is for basics from previous generations
i read your post.

reported for swear filter avoidance.

Fight, fight, fight... :colone: :colone:
Reply 68
Original post by morgan8002
That's not a consequence of having kids, that's a consequence of living with a partner. You can be a single parent or you can live with a partner and not have kids.

Yes, I know...
Reply 69
Lol I cant even take care of plants
I for one, don't understand why everyone is attacking each other for their views. :erm:

Those who want kids (myself included! :woo: ), that's greaaaat! I can understand that view, because I'm a type of person to want to be able to help and support others, the idea of my own family appeals to me, and there's something pretty daaamn cool about having people that are half you and half the person you love. It is also biology, I guess - to continue the human race etc :pierre: However, I wouldn't condemn anyone for not wanting kids.

I also understand why people wouldn't want kids: they're messy, they require devotion and responsibility, people feel that they will hinder their progress in the careers and I guess it requires a significant amount of financial stability. But with me, I know all of that, I accept that and to be honest, the advantages mean more to me. So I'd appreciate those who didn't want kids not to act like their view is the "best view".

I LIKE having people around me, a support network if you will. In fact, I think having a family would push me for my hopes and dreams. The cost of living has gone up, but this is only due to people becoming more dependent on unnecessary things (the number of toddlers I see with iPads these days!). It is perfectly possible to have kids and to not be broke.

Personally, I'd feel I would:
a) be lonely
b) not know what to do with this apparent "excess of money" that would come from not having kids
c) feel a hole of some sort in my life

But like I said, I understand everyone's view.

Both these views are a CHOICE, yes: it is influenced by factors we can't control. But, the way I can prove it is a choice (and not like some urge that we can't control and that makes us "unlucky"), SO many people change their views on having children throughout their lives. :yep:

Personally, I find the OP a little patronising :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Hashim123
Fight, fight, fight... :colone: :colone:

Hashim is popping that popcorn to watch the sexy catfight

Reply 72
Tbh I wanto live until about 70. It's the perfect age to die! I dont want part of my salary put into my pensions either because a, our generation wont get pensions b, even if we do, I wont be alive to have a retirement :u:

I'm hoping for this as well.
Hashim is popping that popcorn to watch the sexy catfight

Alas, I wish I could stay and watch, but I have a Maths class to get to. :frown: Film it for me bbes.
Cat fights are sexy indeed.
Reply 75
Original post by Bridget Jones

I also understand why people wouldn't want kids: they're messy, they require devotion and responsibility, people feel that they will hinder their progress in the careers and I guess it requires a significant amount of financial stability. But with me, I know all of that, I accept that and to be honest, the advantages mean more to me. So I'd appreciate those who didn't want kids not to act like their view is the "best view".

But the thing is, people always think that people who dont want kids decided not to have kids for all those things you just listed. Its not like I decided I dont want kids for any of those reasons, Im just not interested in having kids because I just lack the desire to have one. If I had all the free time in the world, I was a millionaire and didnt need a career etc I still wouldnt want a kid.
But the thing is, people always think that people who dont want kids decided not to have kids for all those things you just listed. Its not like I decided I dont want kids for any of those reasons, Im just not interested in having kids because I just lack the desire to have one. If I had all the free time in the world, I was a millionaire and didnt need a career etc I still wouldnt want a kid.

I was just simply listing some of the reasons why people would not want to have kids to show that I understand. Obviously, I won't be able to understand the lack of desire to have kids. But, that does not make you "lucky" in any way, shape or form. It just means you made a sub conscious decision to not have kids, and this was probably shaped by either your own experiences or other people's views etc.

I can understand that in my case, from a young age, I think I was taught "that's how you do life, you get married and you have kids", so not having kids was never a possibility. But recently, when I started becoming "independent", I made the conscious choice that I do actually want kids.
Reply 77
I was just reading that thread about Londoners not being able to buy a house.

Well, if you don't want kids, you obviously don't need a house. You can just live in a one bedroom flat.

I will also have a hell of a lot more disposable income to spend on myself.

I feel lucky today.

I just needed to share that.

Well.... most people who don't have kids still end up wanting a slightly bigger place to live than a one bedroom flat. It's less urgent I guess.

Also, there's two sides: people who don't want kids are lucky because they will have more disposable income and freedom, but people who do want kids will get to experience bringing life into the world so you know....

It creates what seems like an eternal dilemma in my head.
Reply 78
Original post by abc:)
Well.... most people who don't have kids still end up wanting a slightly bigger place to live than a one bedroom flat. It's less urgent I guess.

Well, yes, most people are materialistic and stupid and spend their days working 9-5 just so they can afford to live in some fancy place that they don't need, drive a fancy car they don't need and buying an iPhone that they don't need. I am not one of those people, I am a minimalist so this isn't a problem for me. Clearly, since I will not have kids, I will only live with my partner who will obviously share a room with me, therefore we only need a one bedroom place. Spending on anything bigger than this would be money down the drain, I wouldn't get a bigger place even if I was rolling in cash.

[QUOTE=abc[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];60551489]
Also, there's two sides: people who don't want kids are lucky because they will have more disposable income and freedom, but people who do want kids will get to experience bringing life into the world so you know....

Everyone wants more disposable income and more freedom - both people who want kids and people who don't. However, only those who want kids want to bring life into this world. So no, there aren't really two sides.
Reply 79
Well, yes, most people are materialistic and stupid and spend their days working 9-5 just so they can afford to live in some fancy place that they don't need, drive a fancy car they don't need and buying an iPhone that they don't need. I am not one of those people, I am a minimalist so this isn't a problem for me. Clearly, since I will not have kids, I will only live with my partner who will obviously share a room with me, therefore we only need a one bedroom place. Spending on anything bigger than this would be money down the drain, I wouldn't get a bigger place even if I was rolling in cash.

Everyone wants more disposable income and more freedom - both people who want kids and people who don't. However, only those who want kids want to bring life into this world. So no, there aren't really two sides.

Sheesh ok

Quick Reply

Latest