The Student Room Group

Nightmare house.... Feel like ****

. Poor signal reception, Wi-Fi drops, room is tiny, fungi growing in the basement, no heating for the first couple of weeks, bits of glass on the floor, bits of glass everywhere and renovation work still needs to be done.

Housemates smoke weed all the time, monopolise the sitting room, swear, make me feel like a criminal when forgetting to dry a plate when drying it when other housemates leave **** lying around, bitching about me..What can I do? They are charging way too much for the room like £325 per week for a shoebox up north. Can I move out?
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time.

I had a similar experience in second year. How close are you to your flat mates? When mine were smoking weed in the living room I just asked them not to and they were really apologetic and stopped doing it. May be worth asking if you haven't already?

In terms of the mould and glass, that's something you'd need to speak to the accommodation owner about. Same as moving out, it would really depend on your contract. I got out of mine because I found someone else to take over my room.

I know how it feels to life in a house like that though. Makes the uni experience not so fun. I hope you get it sorted!
Reply 2
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time.

I had a similar experience in second year. How close are you to your flat mates? When mine were smoking weed in the living room I just asked them not to and they were really apologetic and stopped doing it. May be worth asking if you haven't already?

In terms of the mould and glass, that's something you'd need to speak to the accommodation owner about. Same as moving out, it would really depend on your contract. I got out of mine because I found someone else to take over my room.

I know how it feels to life in a house like that though. Makes the uni experience not so fun. I hope you get it sorted!

My contract expires in July. I dont know what to do.. Every day is a strain on living. They keep treating me like ****. I dont know how I am going to study here.
Original post by Anonymous
My contract expires in July. I dont know what to do.. Every day is a strain on living. They keep treating me like ****. I dont know how I am going to study here.

Oh no :frown:

I'm guessing your uni will have reading rooms and the library is always a good place to study. You shouldn't have to study outside of your flat but if there's nothing you can do that's all I can suggest :frown:

I'd definitely speak to your landlord about your flatmates though. I know it's super awkward when it's the people you live with.
325 a WEEK up north? Rubbish, where exactly up north, city, street, bills inclusive or exclusive please?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ViewOnlyMum
325 a WEEK up north? Rubbish, where exactly up north, city, street, bills inclusive or exclusive please?

Sorry 325 a month up north all bills included
nothing you can do if you're tied into a contract

you can try and get someone to take over your let but it's unlikely to happen

try and spend as much time out as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending