The Student Room Group

Who do the female engineers date?

I'm asking about stereotypes by the way. This obviously isn't a rule, but a trend I've seen within the STEM subjects. Few examples; doctors date doctors, male engineers/comp sci's date women who study the single sciences (Bio, Chem), Biology men date the arts/humanities women.

In fact, I feel like any male STEM student would feel comfortable dating an English/Arts student because a guy usually likes to feel more 'intelligent' and STEM usually brings in the big bucks.

Who do the female engineers/ physicists/mathematicians date? (The ones that don't look like gremlins, before anyone gets in with the ugly stereotype jokes).

I feel like the only man I could date that wouldn't feel intimidated by my Physics and Math knowledge are engineers (though they're hardly the most social or into relationships), or single science, pure Physics and Maths students. And I personally wouldn't date a 'typical' Physicist. AND I also feel a weird sense of pressure to be earning less than my spouse. So who am I left with!?
They date bossman aka me
Reply 2
Not entirely sheriff srs..
mcdonalds
I feel the same, as a female medic at a medical school which is 70% female.
date whoever the **** you want to date... their field is subject is pretty irrelevant
Reply 6
exactly :rolleyes:

suspect a troll
Reply 7
My boyfriends ex girlfriend is an engineer and she's got herself a husband, but I don't know what his job is
The male engineers...duh!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm asking about stereotypes by the way. This obviously isn't a rule, but a trend I've seen within the STEM subjects. Few examples; doctors date doctors, male engineers/comp sci's date women who study the single sciences (Bio, Chem), Biology men date the arts/humanities women.

In fact, I feel like any male STEM student would feel comfortable dating an English/Arts student because a guy usually likes to feel more 'intelligent' and STEM usually brings in the big bucks.

Who do the female engineers/ physicists/mathematicians date? (The ones that don't look like gremlins, before anyone gets in with the ugly stereotype jokes).

I feel like the only man I could date that wouldn't feel intimidated by my Physics and Math knowledge are engineers (though they're hardly the most social or into relationships), or single science, pure Physics and Maths students. And I personally wouldn't date a 'typical' Physicist. AND I also feel a weird sense of pressure to be earning less than my spouse. So who am I left with!?

Are you a nerd? And can't you find someone outside of uni? Go out an meet people that aren't students, like friends of friends, do you have a job on the side of studying? If you work on a bar, for example loads of guys will ask you for your number every bloody shift.

Also, what kind of male engineers do you know? My friend works in a bank and has been going out with a mechanical engineer for 2 years, who's the opposite of a social freak - tattoos everywhere/drinks vodka like water etc
>(The ones that don't look like gremlins, before anyone gets in with the ugly stereotype jokes).

Maybe they date the male engineers, the ones who are not socially autistic virgins....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending