The Student Room Group

I gave her my number. Did I do the right thing?

I met a girl at work today. She is new (just started this week).
We were both working in the stockroom. I saw her, said hi and just got on with my work. Then after a while I asked her if she was new, and after that we just kept on talking, it was just flowing, nice easy conversation, felt really comfortable with her.

Anyway, I decided in my mind that I wanted her number. But I was due to finish before her. And I knew she would have her phone in her locker (work policy).
So I wrote my number on a piece of paper and just before leaving, I gave it to her and said here's my number. She took it and said thanks.

She said before she was going to meet a friend after work, and then go home after that.

It's been 3hrs and I haven't received anything from her.

I kind of regret not asking for her number. I gave her mine, but the ball is totally in her court. If she doesn't contact me, that would be a shame because I think she was great and we had so many similar interests..it was crazy.

Also, we don't work the same days. Today she just came in to help with sale prep.
Now I might see next on xmas eve or boxing day for the sale at work. If she didn't message me, and I see her at work, it would be awkward :/ but I am thinking too far ahead right now lol.

Anyway how long do you think I should wait before just forgetting about it?

Did I do the right thing in giving my number..or in the future, should I always ask the girl for her number.

(Anyone who has followed my other thread will be happy to see I am trying to move on from the other girl lol)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Depends. Are you going to start obsessing over her now? Hope not, for all our sakes m8.

Also, congrats on attempting to move on. You've made progress.
Reply 2
Usually we just exchange numbers.

I find that when i only give a girl my number, she doesn't respond so yeah you probably should have got hers. But you'll prob see her again so no harm in asking
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Depends. Are you going to start obsessing over her now? Hope not, for all our sakes m8.

Also, congrats on attempting to move on. You've made progress.

Haha, not definitely not. Yes I am quite happy that I was able to talk freely and at least try.

It will be a shame if she doesn't get back to me. But, step in the right direction. I should have asked for her number. Anyway I will wait until tomorrow. If no response, move on.
Original post by UWS
Usually we just exchange numbers.

I find that when i only give a girl my number, she doesn't respond so yeah you probably should have got hers. But you'll prob see her again so no harm in asking

Yeah, I should have asked. Anyway I shall wait a few days, and if nothing, then I will think how to proceed..because I am sure that I will see her again at work in a week or two.
She hasn't messaged me. Should I just forget about it? Or, if I see her at work, do I bring it up? Pretend like nothing happened? Or try getting her number?
Reply 6
Give up. As you said the ball was in her court... If she had felt the same way she would have messaged you... Sorry it hurts but it's the truth
She doesnt want the D, leave it be.
Original post by believeteam22
(Anyone who has followed my other thread will be happy to see I am trying to move on from the other girl lol)

I'm glad to hear it! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by College_Dropout
She doesnt want the D, leave it be.

Poetry
Maybe she's following one of those lame rules that say you have to wait a certain period of time before texting the guy. I would wait for a few days, don't stress too much over it. Also, don't regret giving her your number. You took a risk, and now you have to wait for it to pay off. x
Original post by Conkerr
Give up. As you said the ball was in her court... If she had felt the same way she would have messaged you... Sorry it hurts but it's the truth

Yeah, that might be true. Ok. Not sure how to act when I see her at work..lol
Original post by Anonymous
I'm glad to hear it! :smile:

Thanks :smile: although I'm not sure who you might be :biggrin:
Original post by BookBird
Maybe she's following one of those lame rules that say you have to wait a certain period of time before texting the guy. I would wait for a few days, don't stress too much over it. Also, don't regret giving her your number. You took a risk, and now you have to wait for it to pay off. x

Maybe. I don't regret it, but maybe I should have asked for her number. In the future, I will ask for the girl's number rather than giving my one.
Reply 14
Yeah, that might be true. Ok. Not sure how to act when I see her at work..lol

Act as if nothing had happened... Because nothing has happened. You don't have to feel awkward for this. I told my best friend I liked her yesterday, she kindly rejected me... When I'll see her next time that won't even be awkward, I couldn't care less.
(edited 8 years ago)
Maybe. I don't regret it, but maybe I should have asked for her number. In the future, I will ask for the girl's number rather than giving my one.

Mate she is new and thought if she needs help or advise she will text or call, you hardly know her yet and when you see her next don't feel awkward build a friendship and maybe ask to go for lunch and please don't obsess over her or scare her off when you see her next.
If its meant to be it will be.
Original post by Conkerr
Act as if nothing had happened... Because nothing has happened. You don't have to feel awkward for this. I told my best friend I liked her yesterday, she kindly rejected me... When I'll see her next time that won't even be awkward, I couldn't care less.

Ah ok. But is it a good idea to try getting her number another time?
Original post by chikane
Mate she is new and thought if she needs help or advise she will text or call, you hardly know her yet and when you see her next don't feel awkward build a friendship and maybe ask to go for lunch and please don't obsess over her or scare her off when you see her next.
If its meant to be it will be.

Yeah ok I will do that. We had a lot in common and it was great talking to her. I guess I will just try and build up a friendship when I see her next. I'll see how it goes.
Reply 18
Ah ok. But is it a good idea to try getting her number another time?

No, it's really NOT a good idea. You can always say something like: "I thought I would have heard from you", "I thought you would have texted me" or something like that I don't know next time you see her.
Find some other female.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending