The Student Room Group

I gave her my number. Did I do the right thing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
Yeah, well I don't think I did anything to suggest anything romantic. I mean, we just talked, about lots of things, just talking and laughing and everything. And at the end I gave her my number (and I meant to imply from that, that hey, message me sometime..or something along those lines).. buy hey..it's been 2 days and she didn't message me or anything. So for now, I take it she is not interested. But when I do see her again, I'll see how it goes and what to do..

You could have said 'if you need any help or advice here is my number' or asked whether she was on facebook. The bit i highlighted in bold gave her zero reasons to text you, even i wouldn't know what to text you.
I remember when i went to a group interview and got peoples number but said would like to keep in touch to find out how they did wasn't eagerly waiting for their message...
Original post by hejraat
Yes I was being sarcastic xD do NOT mention it, personally if that happened to me I wouldn't give her any attention (other than the little bit needed to not be rude like say 'hey' and smile when she looks at you, faint friendly smile)

haha I know :smile: yeah I won't. I will say hi of course and smile.
Original post by chikane
Oh god op was the one making a million threads on his last obsession just realised now.

lol that certainly won't happen again.
lol that certainly won't happen again.

Bloody hope not
Original post by chikane
You could have said 'if you need any help or advice here is my number' or asked whether she was on facebook. The bit i highlighted in bold gave her zero reasons to text you, even i wouldn't know what to text you.
I remember when i went to a group interview and got peoples number but said would like to keep in touch to find out how they did wasn't eagerly waiting for their message...

Ah yeah should have done that. Now that I think about it, you make a fair point. Although if it was me, I would be able to find a message to send out of nothing lol.
Anyway, I guess I will understand more when I see her next. Not really bothered too much right now. But I'm happy that I tried even if it didn't work the way I wanted.
Ah yeah should have done that. Now that I think about it, you make a fair point. Although if it was me, I would be able to find a message to send out of nothing lol.
Anyway, I guess I will understand more when I see her next. Not really bothered too much right now. But I'm happy that I tried even if it didn't work the way I wanted.

Like the other person said you gave no reason for her to text you so build a friendship and don't feel awkward around her be polite and friendly. Maybe she might text next week to ask whether you are working over xmas eve or boxing day.
(edited 8 years ago)
As she was new maybe she was overwhelmed by it? If I was the girl I wouldn't text the guy straight away, i'd wait and let myself get some bearings of the work place first :smile: Do you know her name?
Original post by Harri2648
As she was new maybe she was overwhelmed by it? If I was the girl I wouldn't text the guy straight away, i'd wait and let myself get some bearings of the work place first :smile: Do you know her name?

Lol i hope he did
Original post by chikane
Like the other person said you gave no reason for her to text you so build a friendship and don't feel awkward around her be polite and friendly. Maybe she might text next week to ask whether you are working over xmas eve or boxing day.

Yeah. I shall try and build a friendship and won't be awkward.

Maybe, although she has worked in another branch before. She is one of the temporary employees they hired for the xmas period. Yeah, of course I know her name :smile:
Maybe, although she has worked in another branch before. She is one of the temporary employees they hired for the xmas period. Yeah, of course I know her name :smile:

Add her on facebook?
Add her on facebook?

I don't think that's a good idea yet. I would rather talk to her in person again, and then see how that goes before adding on facebook or anything like that.
I don't think that's a good idea yet. I would rather talk to her in person again, and then see how that goes before adding on facebook or anything like that.

Did she text you?
Original post by chikane
Did she text you?

Hi. No, she didn't. I got no text or call from her. After 2 days I thought to myself, forget it, she won't.
A week later after giving my number, I went to work and I suddenly bumped into her in passing, and she said, and I just smiled. But we couldn't talk as we were working in different departments.

Then 2 days later, again I saw her but only in passing, and she was just leaving and on the phone, and she just smiled when she saw me. Still, we didn't talk.

A bit unlucky really that we haven't been able to talk.

I was thinking that when I am able to talk to her, I will apologise to her and say that I didn't mean to give the impression, that I just wanted to be friends.. And that I gave my number because we don't work the same days/time. And that if you felt I was a little too forward, I do apologise. And then just throw a little compliment like how she looks so down to earth. Lol.

Is that a bad idea? I do want to speak to her though as it feels awkward yet..
Hi. No, she didn't. I got no text or call from her. After 2 days I thought to myself, forget it, she won't.
A week later after giving my number, I went to work and I suddenly bumped into her in passing, and she said, and I just smiled. But we couldn't talk as we were working in different departments.

Then 2 days later, again I saw her but only in passing, and she was just leaving and on the phone, and she just smiled when she saw me. Still, we didn't talk.

A bit unlucky really that we haven't been able to talk.

I was thinking that when I am able to talk to her, I will apologise to her and say that I didn't mean to give the impression, that I just wanted to be friends.. And that I gave my number because we don't work the same days/time. And that if you felt I was a little too forward, I do apologise. And then just throw a little compliment like how she looks so down to earth. Lol.

Is that a bad idea? I do want to speak to her though as it feels awkward yet..

If i was her i would be thinking wtf, no don't say that you will scare her off and sound desperate just don't mention it she smiled at you and said hi which is very good next time make conversation ask her hows things going, did she have a good xmas and take it from there ask if she has facebook or would like to go for lunch be confident and don't act needy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah next time try to get her number too as you will stand more of a chance. Maybe she misplaced your number and it is not down to her lack of interest in you. Why don't next time you see her, act like nothing happened and just see if she brings it up. She might have a reason for not contacting you so don't rule her out yet :smile:
Why don't you just try giving your number to her again? Maybe she lost it. :/
Original post by chikane
If i was her i would be thinking wtf, no don't say that you will scare her off and sound desperate just don't mention it she smiled at you and said hi which is very good next time make conversation ask her hows things going, did she have a good xmas and take it from there ask if she has facebook or would like to go for lunch be confident and don't act needy.

haha ok. I will talk to her the next time I get an opportunity.
Original post by evalilyXOX
Yeah next time try to get her number too as you will stand more of a chance. Maybe she misplaced your number and it is not down to her lack of interest in you. Why don't next time you see her, act like nothing happened and just see if she brings it up. She might have a reason for not contacting you so don't rule her out yet :smile:

Yeah, I will do that. Just need to talk to her to see what's what.
Original post by Anonymous
Why don't you just try giving your number to her again? Maybe she lost it. :/

I will have to talk to her first and see what's what before doing that. Because I haven't been able to talk to her since I gave the number, except for a quick hi in passing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending