The Student Room Group

Is uni better than a job or apprenticeship?

Is uni worth it? In the four years of uni you could have earned like 60k in a job in total.
It honestly depends on the individual and what kind of career you want to get into but all are valid options that should be considered :smile:
Reply 2
Well if you want a certain career then having a degree will help.
I'm looking at business stuff c;
Reply 4
Original post by Marshmallow9999
Is uni worth it? In the four years of uni you could have earned like 60k in a job in total.

apparently you cant do an apprenticeship if your attending or have attended uni though. i tried and got turned down
Reply 5
60k over 4 years o.o
thats such a bad salary...
Original post by GUMI
60k over 4 years o.o
thats such a bad salary...

apprenticeships are like 15k a year lol
where and what are you studying, and what are you expecting to earn? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
apparently you cant do an apprenticeship if your attending or have attended uni though. i tried and got turned down

one of the ones I applied for said you do the apprenticeship and you can go to uni after and they'll support you but you need to work for them for a few years after or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it depends on what you want to be. If you want to be a doctor or a lawyer, uni it is. If you want to be an actor or a police officer, uni is not necessary
It depends on the degree you're pursuing, the apprenticeship, and your desired career path.

If you're looking to become a lawyer and you have a law offer from Cambridge, it's probably not the best idea to become an apprentice at Poundland.
one of the ones I applied for said you do the apprenticeship and you can go to uni after and they'll support you but you need to work for them for a few years after or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you not do both at the same time?
Original post by shawtyb
can you not do both at the same time?

nah, it's full time :c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryred90s
Well, it depends on what you want to be. If you want to be a doctor or a lawyer, uni it is. If you want to be an actor or a police officer, uni is not necessary

I'm not exactly sure- just some sort of business role- analyst, advisor maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending