The Student Room Group

Do I have to pick my firm and insurance at the same time?

As the title says I have received an offer from the uni that will be my firm choice and I want to firm it to get accommodation sorted there but I have not yet received an offer from the uni that will be my insurance.
Original post by frances98
As the title says I have received an offer from the uni that will be my firm choice and I want to firm it to get accommodation sorted there but I have not yet received an offer from the uni that will be my insurance.

You have to have all your decisions before firming and insuring choices (unless you withdraw from the ones you haven't heard from that is).

As above

Also remember universities are not allowed to pressure you to firm early in order to get better accommodation. There's no advantage to firming earlier than April.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
As above

Also remember universities are not allowed to pressure you to firm early in order to get better accommodation. There's no advantage to firming earlier than April.

This is just because I emailed city university London who ultimately it is a first come first served basis
This is just because I emailed city university London who ultimately it is a first come first served basis

The deadline to be guaranteed a room with City is June 30th. Most universities don't allocate rooms until after results when they know which students will be coming. @Cityunilondon might be able to clarify if City pressure students to firm early to get better accommodation against the UCAS advice.

If they are pressuring you to firm earlier than Mid/late April then they are breaking UCAS rules and you should forward on that correspondence to UCAS
Reply 5
1455017883633-1415520519.jpg I was told this in an e-mail I sent asking about halls
Original post by PQ
The deadline to be guaranteed a room with City is June 30th. Most universities don't allocate rooms until after results when they know which students will be coming. @Cityunilondon might be able to clarify if City pressure students to firm early to get better accommodation against the UCAS advice.

If they are pressuring you to firm earlier than Mid/late April then they are breaking UCAS rules and you should forward on that correspondence to UCAS
Reply 6
sorry I'm no help with ur question was just wondering what this whole insurance business is about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KAVB
sorry I'm no help with ur question was just wondering what this whole insurance business is about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google is your friend.
"Ucas firm and insurance"
Reply 8
Oh fabulous thank u that makes sense
I only decided to go uni and what course in Jan and totally missed the ucas deadline so hoping if I tell the universities my grades etc they can tell me if I have a chance for clearing
wish I hadn't messed about now! 😕

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending