The Student Room Group

Muslim TSR users, should I marry this man? Arranged Marriage

Scroll to see replies

At least finish whatever degree you're doing. You're too young to make a decision that will affect your entire life.
Have you met him? Spoken to him?

You need to like him you know. What happens if you disagree on things? He needs to treat you right, and you need to treat him right.

Find out more about him as a person.
Reply 22
Flip a coin.
can all the people against the idea of arranged marriage not comment , i wrote this for the purpose of Muslims to give me advice. i dont need your western 21st century comments.
Original post by donutellme

You need to like him you know. What happens if you disagree on things? He needs to treat you right, and you need to treat him right.

no but i will once the marriage is agreed. i would never be naive and go into a marriage without knowing if i was compatible with the person.
Original post by Anonymous
can all the people against the idea of arranged marriage not comment , i wrote this for the purpose of Muslims to give me advice. i dont need your western 21st century comments.

Arranged marriage isn't technically Islamic btw
Original post by Free Kurdistan

love marriages arnt Islamic
Reply 27
maybe spend some time getting to know him better i mean your DAD hasn't even spoken to him yet, and you wanna get married :eek:?!
Get to know him, talk on the phone etc and then get married if you want.

Also why you ready to be a housewife and have a kid I mean you're only 19 and a lot of potential so why just waste it staying at home and popping out kids like... is that all you want out of life?

Idk who am i to judge, give it some thought and do what makes you happy.

EDIT: I'm Muslim btw
no but i will once the marriage is agreed. i would never be naive and go into a marriage without knowing if i was compatible with the person.

Once the marriage is agreed..? And if you don't like him?
Original post by z33
maybe spend some time getting to know him better i mean your DAD hasn't even spoken to him yet, and you wanna get married :eek:?!
Get to know him, talk on the phone etc and then get married if you want.

Also why you ready to be a housewife and have a kid I mean you're only 19 and a lot of potential so why just waste it staying at home and popping out kids like... is that all you want out of life?

Idk who am i to judge, give it some thought and do what makes you happy.

EDIT: I'm Muslim btw

yeah thats what im planning on doing. my dad knows him and this guy is looking for marriage, he might not even say yes but im thinking ahead. idk i just want to have a chill life, no work, no stress dedicate myself to my future kids :smile:

This...he may fit all of the criteria but do you like him as a person, do you find him attractive...are you willing to spend the rest of your life with him?

If you want you can meet him, see if you get along and if you would like to marry him maybe suggest waiting a while until you're ready? Don't jump into it, it may turn out you both want different things and it's better you find that out before marriage than after...

Also pray istikhara.
Once the marriage is agreed..? And if you don't like him?

like once my dad says will u marry my daughter basically. if i dont like him i can break it off at my own will
Reply 32
i cook and clean in the house as it is and understand the principles of being a good housewife in islam and understand the duties of being a wife.

That's good.
Get to know him a bit more with your father present :smile:
Original post by Biryani007
This...he may fit all of the criteria but do you like him as a person, do you find him attractive...are you willing to spend the rest of your life with him?

If you want you can meet him, see if you get along and if you would like to marry him maybe suggest waiting a while until you're ready? Don't jump into it, it may turn out you both want different things and it's better you find that out before marriage than after...

Also pray istikhara.

i agree with you and was planning on doing everything you said, thanks :smile:
This is so backward and sick did you think you were going to get an answer here. You are only going to get a lot of hate and be judged. So your aspiration in life is nothing beside marrying this male because he is Islamic and has a degree. What if he isn't going to take care of you for the rest of your life. What you going to do about that.
love marriages arnt Islamic

I don't think the official Islamic guidelines ban love, the actual proper way of doing it, would be to organise time together in the presence of a Wali and grow closer that way before agreeing that you want to marry and setting a date. (Sort of like that scene in the Godfather trilogy when Michael marries Apollonia.)

If you marry someone you don't love to impress someone else, I can tell you with absolute certainly, more Haram stuff will happen than if you left home and went to university a single woman.
i dont need your western 21st century comments.

yet you need our 'western 21st century' country, opportunities, equality and technology.

:rolleyes:
Reply 37
yeah thats what im planning on doing. my dad knows him and this guy is looking for marriage, he might not even say yes but im thinking ahead. idk i just want to have a chill life, no work, no stress dedicate myself to my future kids :smile:

Alright just make sure you've got the options to change your mind if you wanted to. Like even after marriage make sure there's oppurtunities to take up work, or to get a degree, or to divorce or to manage yourself in case things don't workout. Just make sure you don't get stuck in an abusive marriage because... it will be like living Hell on Earth. Keep your head on your shoulders and do what makes YOU happy, not him or your dad or anyone else. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Free Kurdistan

Says the non muslim. Don't say things without knowledge please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
like once my dad says will u marry my daughter basically. if i dont like him i can break it off at my own will

Okay fair enough. So long as you think about whether you're a good match in terms of personalities as well, it should be okay.

Original post by Casshern1456
This is so backward and sick did you think you were going to get an answer here. You are only going to get a lot of hate and be judged. So your aspiration in life is nothing beside marrying this male because he is Islamic and has a degree. What if he isn't going to take care of you for the rest of your life. What you going to do about that.

its pretty gr8 m8 so dont h8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending