The Student Room Group

Muslim TSR users, should I marry this man? Arranged Marriage

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Also yeah I don't think it was the BEST idea to ask TSR whether you should marry someone lol :lol:
That's between you and yourself :wink:
Original post by Casshern1456
This is so backward and sick did you think you were going to get an answer here. You are only going to get a lot of hate and be judged. So your aspiration in life is nothing beside marrying this male because he is Islamic and has a degree. What if he isn't going to take care of you for the rest of your life. What you going to do about that.

idc what non muslims have to say tbh. it goes in one ear and out the other. if a man is rightous then he will follow the Quran and sunnah and treat his wife well.

inb4 people bring the ayah about 'beating women'
Original post by Anonymous
im 18, going on 19 and its at a point where i dont mind getting married if the right person comes along. My dad is my only guardian who acts as a wali, my dad family are hindu and my mums side of the family are useless. Hes found someone for me but hasnt approached him yet. the guy is 25/26, he is Somalian (im south asain) he has a PhD and is a hafith of the Quran. he is well established too. i pray five times a day and wear the hijab and abaya although i still talk/flirt with guys so maybe its best if i get married as my spouse will fulfil my desires.

Generally when it comes to looking for a spouse i look for 1.Islam and 2.being educated so he ticks all the boxes.

the thing is i dont know if im honestly ready for marriage, i think i may be as i want to be a mother as soon as i can and i am ready to be a housewife (im fully trained too lol) another thing is that i dont know if i am ready for sex its so daunting and i dont think i could lose my virginity on my wedding night.

what makes a person ready for marriage?

can anyone give me any advice as to weather i should marry this guy? my dad woul never make me marry someone i dont want to

feel free to ask any relevant questions :smile:

Well we can't tell you if you should marry this guy or not, that's your decision.

But I would advise you at least finish your degree first (maybe get engaged instead for the time being? :dontknow:) at least then you can have time to be sure you want to marry him. And you won't be rushing anything. As for having sex on the wedding night, if you're uncomfortable then don't, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.
open your heart to Allah who knows all our desires. Pray that He will guide you in His infinite compassion and wisdom.
Original post by z33
Also yeah I don't think it was the BEST idea to ask TSR whether you should marry someone lol :lol:
That's between you and yourself :wink:

i just wanted general advice and opinions from muslims. i dont have anyone else to talk about it and its easy off anon. im pretty confused whether i shoudl or not so people could give me good points :smile:
Original post by s_ahmed2
Says the non muslim. Don't say things without knowledge please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most Islamic historians regard Muhammad's marriage to Khadija as a love marriage.
Original post by the bear
open your heart to Allah who knows all our desires. Pray that He will guide you in His infinite compassion and wisdom.

that was the best advice given to me :smile:
Also regarding having intimate relations on the first night, it is completely up to you. So don't make that an issue that needs to be considered. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
{Not Muslim}

Do you like the guy - no point marrying someone you hate.

:confused: ... bear is that you???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5xkbMsOW3U

Not a muslim but its the only piece of advice you need
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Anonymous
i just wanted general advice and opinions from muslims. i dont have anyone else to talk about it and its easy off anon. im pretty confused whether i shoudl or not so people could give me good points :smile:

Awwwhhh it's okay :smile: Yeah - I know someone who got married and didn't lose their V card/ get intimate until a week or so after their wedding and she got more comfortable :smile: It's your decision. If I were you I'd get more comfortable with him, maybe get engaged and then wait til I finish my degree before I have a kid or get married and so you have a back up plan and you can live happily ever after with or without a happy marriage but insha Allah it will go well :h: just be mindful :3
Original post by Student403

no that is another user called bear™ :facepalm2:
Reply 53

IKNOW omg I freaked out @the bear is this a glitch?!?!?!
no that is another user called bear™ :facepalm2:

Fine be sassy :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Free Kurdistan
Most Islamic historians regard Muhammad's marriage to Khadija as a love marriage.

There's no reason why it can't be both. In Islam arranged marriage only means that the two getting married are not secluded before marriage, getting to know the person is completely fine with a guardian present.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z33
IKNOW omg I freaked out @the bear is this a glitch?!?!?!
:rofl:
Not really an expert on marriage, and definitely not on Islamic marriage... and I don't mean to judge but to me your criteria seems a bit vague and also shallow (1. Islam 2. Educated)... Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi has a PhD in Islamic studies so does he match your criteria?

You have reached 18 so technically your brain has developed enough so you can make your own decision... so I guess you (and your father) can only know if you are ready for marriage - not TSR users.
Original post by s_ahmed2
There's no reason why it can't be both. In Islam arranged marriage only means that the two getting married are not secluded before marriage, getting to know the person is completely fine with a guardian present.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with that, but the final decision is hers and she can say no.
:rofl:

bear™ is delighted to help those who ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending