The Student Room Group

'Friends' booked holiday without me.

Hi there,

Just discovered today 5 of my friends (guys) have booked a month holiday in summer without me. I have been friends with every single one of them for 10-15 years and know them on such a personal level, for so many years!! Given it is the last year in school, I felt this was the last opportunity to almost say farewell and see them before we all go to different unis and live our separate lives. I was involved in all of the discussions and organisations with them a couple months ago, and practically planned the trip which they all thought was amazing. I have been so excited for the trip since discussions began between us 1-2 years ago, and have allowed a month of my summer holidays to be free for it - not applying for work experiences and internships/telling family not to book anything etc.

I know they knowingly left me out so there is no excuse they can give me. Nor am I the type of person to confront them over things like this, as I would feel pathetic and embarrassed. I just feel so betrayed given these are people I have known for such a long time, and for them to exclude me puts me in a position where I feel any friendship I have had with them has been entirely superficial.

Any support or advice would be appreciated...
Lol, just **** them. You could go on a trip yourself during that one month or just do something fun. You'll be making new friends at uni anyway and these shits clearly weren't your friends if they purposely left you out.

Or maybe they didn't like you all these 10 years and you just didn't pick up on it.
How rude! They sound like dicks! Forget them and look forward to meeting new people in uni :smile:
Reply 3
You're probably right, i should move on....

They did a good ****ing job of feigning friendship since almost all of them invited me to every important event in their lives and to nightclubs/pubs/their houses every week....
Reply 4
honestly just blank them from now on. if you dont want confrontation, you will look like a wimp if you stay their friends. just blank them completely to show your not going to stand up for the BS
You have friends? Count yourself lucky.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there,

Just discovered today 5 of my friends (guys) have booked a month holiday in summer without me. I have been friends with every single one of them for 10-15 years and know them on such a personal level, for so many years!! Given it is the last year in school, I felt this was the last opportunity to almost say farewell and see them before we all go to different unis and live our separate lives. I was involved in all of the discussions and organisations with them a couple months ago, and practically planned the trip which they all thought was amazing. I have been so excited for the trip since discussions began between us 1-2 years ago, and have allowed a month of my summer holidays to be free for it - not applying for work experiences and internships/telling family not to book anything etc.

I know they knowingly left me out so there is no excuse they can give me. Nor am I the type of person to confront them over things like this, as I would feel pathetic and embarrassed. I just feel so betrayed given these are people I have known for such a long time, and for them to exclude me puts me in a position where I feel any friendship I have had with them has been entirely superficial.

Well you clearly know who your real friends are now. Tbh your friends are complete dicks, I would stop communicating to them at all. Think of the positive side your whole summer is completely free to do whatever you want to do. Get a job, relax and do something useful.
Hi there,

That is probably one of the shittiest thing someone could do to another person but i wouldnt take any drastic measures just yet. Give it a bit of time until your anger has settled as a conversation while your still angry could make the whole situation worse. You said you are not one to confront them but you dont have to, i would say a simple conversation would help give you some kind of insight into the decision.. maybe there are a couple of them that you are closer to? Because its less intimidating speaking one to one! And then if you do speak to one or all of them and you still feel like they didnt give you a valid reason or they appear to have turned on you then thats maybe the point at which you should consider moving on. But dont throw away friendships before you have tried to clear the air! Good luck i hope everything works out well for you and good look at uni :smile:
You're probably right, i should move on....

They did a good ****ing job of feigning friendship since almost all of them invited me to every important event in their lives and to nightclubs/pubs/their houses every week....

I'd probably confront them about it tbh... In a friendly, non-angry way though.
Reply 9
Confront them. You shouldn't feel pathetic and embarrassed but they should.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending