The Student Room Group

16th Mar: How often do you exercise?

Scroll to see replies

3x a week weights, 2 - 3x week will do abs/core work on my 'days off' with cardio; ergs and recreational squash.
Original post by MountKimbie
3x a week weights, 2 - 3x week will do abs/core work on my 'days off' with cardio; ergs and recreational squash.

Are you muscular ?
Everyday. Pull ups, chin ups, diamond-push ups and squats. I find calisthenics does far more for me than weight training.
Original post by xobeauty
Are you muscular ?

I'm not massive. I'm 6ft, 82kg. Muscular legs, ass, semi muscular back (lats still need a lot of work) and shoulders but my chest and arms need a lot of work.

.....why do you ask?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Everyday. Pull ups, chin ups, diamond-push ups and squats. I find calisthenics does far more for me than weight training.

How long did you stick to weightlifting and what exercises did you perform?
I'm not massive. I'm 6ft, 82kg. Muscular legs, ass, semi muscular back (lats still need a lot of work) and shoulders but my chest and arms need a lot of work.

.....why do you ask?

Oh yeah :smile: we had this discussion in a different thread. excuse that.
I walk up 3 floors of stairs 3 times a week....that's it. :colondollar:

I keep meaning to go to the gym but a) I'm scared people may stare or make fun of me and b) my resting heartrate is 120 which worries me.
Original post by Sabertooth
I walk up 3 floors of stairs 3 times a week....that's it. :colondollar:

I keep meaning to go to the gym but a) I'm scared people may stare or make fun of me and b) my resting heartrate is 120 which worries me.

Nobody will stare at you or make fun of you (unless you really do something strange, but if you check out the TSR fitness FAQ you won't).

120BPM? Sweet Jesus.
How long did you stick to weightlifting and what exercises did you perform?

Admittedly I didn't stick to it for very long - about 4 months. But in that time period, I gained a lot of weight trying to eat more whilst lifting heavy, and most of it went to my belly. I was weak, because I would stall when lifting - it was difficult for me to go past 55kg bench press, or 75kg deadlift. I was very demotivated and dreaded every session. I don't know, maybe I was doing something wrong.

On the other hand, in the space of two or three weeks, I've gone from one chin up to twelve chin ups, doing nothing but calisthenics on a daily basis whilst on a slight caloric deficit, but nothing uncomfortable. I'm eating the healthiest I ever have, I feel leaner, healthier, fitter, and happier. Overall, cutting has worked for me over gaining.
Reply 89
Strength building at gym 4 times a week
Football twice a week
Jogging once a week
I lack the confidence to go to a gym, though I would like to do it.

I cycle to and from sixth form everyday if that counts, and once a week I go to a karate class. I don't do it for aesthetics though; I do it for function and as a social event.

If I wanted to exercise for aesthetics, I'd go to a gym.
4 times a week at gym but when summer comes back and we finally have warmer days, will revert back to jogging every morning. Can't begin to imagine not exercising for more than 2 days, as others have pointed out it's such a good stress reliever and keeps you fit and healthy.
Once upon a time I lived like a monk and trained like a serial killer. Miles of running and cycling, 5 nights a week at the gym and no junk food or beer.

Lately however I've really let myself go through a combination of niggling injuries and laziness. Mainly laziness tbh:smile:
I do PE at school twice a weak and I do kickboxing from monday to friday and I really enjoy it!
I do a 45 minute spin class once a week and do a 15-20 minute swim (about 20-30 lengths) followed by 45 minutes of aqua aerobics once a week as well. I would do more but i often go away at weekends so that takes out 3 evenings.

I do it mostly to keep fit and healthy, which also means maintaining my weight or losing a little, but i think i need to exercise more for the latter

I used to play waterpolo so i was good at swimming but sadly there's not a proper team locally
(edited 8 years ago)
I run 5k twice a week and do six hours of tennis (drills and fitness training mostly). I also play competitive doubles and singles, probably around 4 hours a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swim once a week for 45 minutes, which I really love, and I enjoy doing the club galas. Beyond that, I don't do much, just walking to bus stops and climbing the two flights of stairs in college all the time. :colondollar:

In the summer I do more sport though, as the weather is warmer and I have more time (no college), so I play badminton in the garden a lot and go cycling at least once a week.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I swim once a week for 45 minutes, which I really love, and I enjoy doing the club galas.(...)

When I am swimming, it is over two hours. That would be nice, if I do that once a week at least, right? but I don't. In summertime, I really like it. Especially it is outside of an indoor swimming pool. But the best is swimming in seawater. Oh boy, that is so long ago when I did it last time. :frown:
I walk a lot of places...
Also, dance class 3 times a week. I know a lot don't count dance as exersize, but my class is quite energetic, so i think it counts. Oh, and i play on Just dance (Wii) a lot. Hey, it burns calories!
I walk to and from school everyday which is about a mile
I have a hard core boxing session once a week
And do a daily half an hour session of press ups, sit ups, planks, squats

Quick Reply

Latest