The Student Room Group

Boyfriend won't wear a condom

I have been with my boyfriend for over 6 years. For these years I have had the contraceptive implant in. In November I had it taken out as I felt like I had it in for way too long and want my body to go back to normal for a while. I tried to talk to him about my decision of getting it taken out and told him he would probably need to wear a condom when we want to have sex. He told me there was no way he would wear a condom. I'm not sure why he doesn't want to, I have a feeling it's partly because he doesn't know how to put it on but I've told him to find out how or I will put it on (I've never put a condom on either)

I tried to buy a box of condoms from our local Tesco but he shouted at me and told me there was no way he was buying them here. We had booked a week away and I decided to get some there as we wouldn't know anyone so he couldn't get embarrassed but he went in a mood with me in the shop and wouldn't talk to me properly for a good 1-2 hours and thought that £12 for 15 condoms was too much money. We tried the condom but he went soft as soon as I put it on him and he acted annoyed at me ever since. It's been over 3 months and we haven't had sex yet.

So, my problem here is why won't he wear a condom? I've been on contraception for 6 years. Is it not his turn now? I feel like I have to get the implanon again when I really don't want to.

Scroll to see replies

it is his turn esp since you feel uncomfortable on the implant after SO long.
why is he such a prick lel.
Reply 2
Your boyfriend's a dick *no pun intended* tell him to put one or f*k off. He probably gunna run off if you pregnant he seems like an angry guy from your description
Reply 3
TBF Condoms can be expensive and a mood killer in a long-term relationship. Do you not fancy the pill?
give him an ultimatum of condom or front door; that'll get him to put it on
Deprive him of sex for long enough and he'll do anything :tongue:
Original post by MJ1012
TBF Condoms can be expensive and a mood killer in a long-term relationship. Do you not fancy the pill?

I think we've found your boyfriend
bah throw him out a window, he sounds annoying.
Reply 8
I kind of feel him (not in the gay way), if you've been having sex for all that time and now he has to wear something that makes it less sensitive and less pleasurable he's going to need some time to adjust and he'll probably be less aroused for a while.
Wow he's very selfish. You should be having serious doubts about how much he cares about you. Your reasons are perfectly valid and reasonable.
Original post by MJ1012

theyre not expensive? you can get them free from every doctors in the uk?
Reply 11
Original post by Justmoll28
theyre not expensive? you can get them free from every doctors in the uk?

How many are you allowed each time?
Give him sometime and if he continues to act like this, he really doesn't care for you.
Reply 13
He thinks contraception is for girls.
Reply 14
He sounds insecure.
Original post by MJ1012
How many are you allowed each time?

erm, last time i went i got 15 and the time before that i got 12, get a C card
Original post by Mayhem™
I think we've found your boyfriend

XD
Reply 17
There are some cases that we men are not comfortable wearing condom, me myself dont like to wear everytime i have sex with my girlfriend because I cannot feel satisfaction. No condom is smooth and pleasurable, honestly speaking.
The fact he couldn't even talk to you about the issue without throwing a tantrum speaks volumes about his attitude and maturity.
If he won't wear a condom he won't get sex

That's what I would do anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending