The Student Room Group

First Date

Alright, i'm not new but i'm pretty inactive apart from exam season, so hey firstly.

Here's the synopsis:

i'm 18, a guy, i like a girl, we get on in class, banter a lot, and have been whatsapping for the past couple weeks. We talk but dont flirt but her friend said she likes me.

her friend says i should ask her out, i will but where do i take her?
just a meal?
meal with activity?

i was thinking London Southbank but maybe something more casual closer to home?

Both never done the dating thing

thx
Original post by DOPECYCLIST
Alright, i'm not new but i'm pretty inactive apart from exam season, so hey firstly.

Here's the synopsis:

i'm 18, a guy, i like a girl, we get on in class, banter a lot, and have been whatsapping for the past couple weeks. We talk but dont flirt but her friend said she likes me.

her friend says i should ask her out, i will but where do i take her?
just a meal?
meal with activity?

i was thinking London Southbank but maybe something more casual closer to home?

Both never done the dating thing

thx

I never had a date but taking her to the cinema would be pretty nice. Or have a picnic!?
Definitely ask her out if she likes you. South bank sounds lovely and if she likes to eat a meal after would be cool especially if you take her somewhere new. Think about what she likes and that will help you form the date. But good luck with the date. Hope it goes well!
Reply 3
Take her for a walk down by the river. If she doesn't like it you can literally dump her.
Reply 4
I went to Wetherspoons then a graveyard. No joke. Did some weird stuff there. Not been back for a long time.
I'd recommend taking her somewhere exciting like a theme park or a haunted house etc. I can't exactly remember where I read it but I came across something that mentioned that people often associate their emotions during an event with the people around them at the time, therefore associating you subconsciously with the feeling of excitement which definitely could peak her interest and attraction in you. Of course if you take her to a restaurant for a first date and it's awkward then she may associate you with that feeling. No idea if this information is credible but it seems pretty valid.
Meal is pretty standard, but I would normally suggest (if feasible) doing something fun / more involved and then eating after. You'll have something to talk about and she'll be much more open if you've already had fun together.
Reply 7
Original post by methatoneyknow
I'd recommend taking her somewhere exciting like a theme park or a haunted house etc. I can't exactly remember where I read it but I came across something that mentioned that people often associate their emotions during an event with the people around them at the time, therefore associating you subconsciously with the feeling of excitement which definitely could peak her interest and attraction in you. Of course if you take her to a restaurant for a first date and it's awkward then she may associate you with that feeling. No idea if this information is credible but it seems pretty valid.

Sounds good, you'll want to go for strong emotions like excitement and vulnerability, fear is a very good and strong motivator so is excellent for building bonds between people. I recommend getting a friend to mug her and then jump in and save her.
Original post by whorace
Sounds good, you'll want to go for strong emotions like excitement and vulnerability, fear is a very good and strong motivator so is excellent for building bonds between people. I recommend getting a friend to mug her and then jump in and save her.

Would have to agree with this or pushing her in front of a car and coming to her aid. That one always works a treat on the ladies.
Reply 9
Alright here's a follow up to that first date i asked for advice for.

I decided to take her bowling, then nandos in the end.

She arrived, we "bowled", it was pretty short tbh, like 30 minutes max, but we really only talked, no flirting although i gather she isn't the flirty type. same thing at nandos, just talked but i cant help feeling like it was two friends going out, didn't get anywhere close to a kiss, and she seemed to have her guard up.

Now here's my question, i have school on monday and i want to know where i stand, i haven't spoke to her since friday and only messaged her back saying no problem after she thanked me for buying her dinner.

Should i message her? if so what

thx
The only way to really know where you stand is to ask her out again.

I would say something funny / make a stupid bet, talk to her for a bit say that you really enjoyed the last date and that you'd love to take her out again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending