The Student Room Group

Qualification Certificates

Hi All,

Just a quick query if anyone could help. I have an interview coming up soon for a foundation degree course, I received a letter from the uni in question a month ago or so reminding me to bring all my certificates with me as they would be photocopied on the day. Unfortunately I've moved around a bit the last few years and have lost my GCSE certificates, as soon as I received the letter from the Uni I requested some replacement certificates however they've still not arrived yet and I'm about 2 weeks away from my interview date.

I've tried contacting the organisation who issues the certificates but just get a standard response that there'll be done as quickly as possible and I'm starting to prepare myself for them not arriving before my interview date.

I'm not sure how relevant this is but the entry requirement is only 60 UCAS Points and when I attended the open day I was told often people don't even have the 60 points but because it's a foundation course they have flexibility to allow people in even without any formal qualifications as such.

Will I still be able to attend the interview even without my certificates and will I be frowned upon for not having them? And how much of an issue will this be?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Original post by soren13
Hi All,

Just a quick query if anyone could help. I have an interview coming up soon for a foundation degree course, I received a letter from the uni in question a month ago or so reminding me to bring all my certificates with me as they would be photocopied on the day. Unfortunately I've moved around a bit the last few years and have lost my GCSE certificates, as soon as I received the letter from the Uni I requested some replacement certificates however they've still not arrived yet and I'm about 2 weeks away from my interview date.

I've tried contacting the organisation who issues the certificates but just get a standard response that there'll be done as quickly as possible and I'm starting to prepare myself for them not arriving before my interview date.

I'm not sure how relevant this is but the entry requirement is only 60 UCAS Points and when I attended the open day I was told often people don't even have the 60 points but because it's a foundation course they have flexibility to allow people in even without any formal qualifications as such.

Will I still be able to attend the interview even without my certificates and will I be frowned upon for not having them? And how much of an issue will this be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You'll be able to go to the interview. Get in touch with them beforehand and explain that you have ordered them but that they haven't yet arrived and take it from there. You won't be the first person this has happened to. You have until Aug 31st to meet the conditions of your offer, which in this case is letting them see the certificates, so there's plenty of time for them to arrive. It's easier for them to see them at the interview, but there are thousands of courses which don't interview and are happy for you to scan copies of the certificates. It's not going to be an insurmountable problem. Just keep them informed. They will know perfectly well how long replacements can take.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending