The Student Room Group

White Privilege

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
I was talking about white privilege in regrades to white policeman shooting down unarmed blacks for no reason... I don't know why you felt it was necessary to type all of that.

Tamir Rice? The officers in question were told a youth had a gun - An airsoft replica that lacked the orange stripe to identify it as a fake - And that the youth was pointing the gun at people.

It was tragic, and terrible and that poor kid didn't deserve it. However...

Take a step back for a moment and think of the police officers who are shooting people in the US(Not in Canada, by the way). Then, look at the number of police killed each year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_police_officers_killed_in_the_line_of_duty

Over a hundred and fifty officers died in 2015. A very significant number of them by being shot or run down by vehicles when they stopped to give someone a ticket.

How many innocents did they kill? More than 150? Because every time it happens there's a riot and I don't remember 150 riots in the US.

Crime in predominantly black communities - Violence, too - Would you say that it is higher or lower than the national average?

And if higher, do you think it might be statistically significant?

And how do you think these communities feel about police officers in general?

If you were wandering in to a community with violence similar to many of the places where these shootings take place, and these communities felt the same way about you that these communities feel about police officers, would you feel more or less at ease and how would you feel about protecting yourself?
Reply 101
He is trying to justify shooting a 12 year old unarmed black boy.

First of all, I'm actually a black person myself.

Second of all, I already told you that I didn't support the killing but the child should've listened to the officers when they told him to drop the gun and get on the ground.

I love how black people scream racist as soon as an argument isn't going their way.

I wonder how dumb you feel now, knowing that I'm black.
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm not supporting the murder of the little kid, but why would a 12 year old kid be playing with a toy gun?

And why didn't he listen to the officers when they told him to drop the weapon and get on the floor.

How were the officers supposed to tell the difference?

Non of what you said can justify the killing of a 12 year old. If they were, indeed, worried that he had a real gun then they should have aimed for the legs. Did they do that? No. They shot with the intention of killing the boy. And that is wrong.

Original post by wdkmwd
Just because a person is unarmed doesn't mean they aren't criminals you moron.

Do you even know basic law?

If a person shoots another person and tosses his weapon into the gutters and he's later killed by police would you say the killing was unjustified because he was unarmed?

Again, how does this justify killing a person? If they don't have a gun then why shoot? And if you do feel as though they are a danger (despite not having a gun) then why shoot to kill?
Original post by wdkmwd
So Madam where was the coverage and massive up-roar when Bryce williams a BLACK man, shot and killed 2 white innocent news reporters in an act he claimed would spark a race war?

Why didn't the media cover the story?

Where they afraid about the fact that liberals only care about gun violence when a black person is killed by a white person?

Was Bryce Williams a policeman abusing his authority? And there certainly was coverage which I remember very clearly from last year. This is more of a Dylan Roof incident that a Tamir Rice. What has that got to do with officers murdering an innocent child?
Reply 104
Original post by NeoconZionist
You're trying to convey the idea that Turkey is somehow equal to France in terms of the liklihood of terrorism.

It's like taking some small town in the UK and comparing it to a small town in Syria which hasn't been affected by the war - whilst both towns have had no terror incidents, it doesn't hide the fact that one country is more dangerous than the other.

Hahahaha.

Her ignorance made me cringe so hard.
Original post by wdkmwd
First of all, I'm actually a black person myself.

Second of all, I already told you that I didn't support the killing but the child should've listened to the officers when they told him to drop the gun and get on the ground.

I love how black people scream racist as soon as an argument isn't going their way.

I wonder how dumb you feel now, knowing that I'm black.

lmao, yuck. I hope you are not black.
I really hope you are not otherwise you are a ****ing disgrace to every single black person in the world and right now I feel deeply ashamed and embarrassed for you

The child didn't need to do anything. He was a ****ing little boy how do you not get that into your ****ing head. The police are older than him and they should have dealt with the problems more safely.
He is trying to justify shooting a 12 year old unarmed black boy.

He is justifying the killing of unarmed people in general, he isn't limiting his argument strictly to 12 year old black boys he is talking about people in general.
Reply 107
Original post by WBZ144
Was Bryce Williams a policeman abusing his authority? And there certainly was coverage which I remember very clearly from last year. This is more of a Dylan Roof incident that a Tamir Rice. What has that got to do with officers murdering an innocent child?

Maybe we should then talk about the innocent sheriff that was murdered by black thugs during the uprising.

I guess his killing was reasonably justified because he was a white officer right?
Original post by joecphillips
He is justifying the killing of unarmed people in general, he isn't limiting his argument strictly to 12 year old black boys he is talking about people in general.

killing unarmed people is wrong full stop and he said that The boy should have just put the gun down. - It sounds like he is supporting the policemen. Do you not know how problematic that is?
Original post by wdkmwd
Hahahaha.

Her ignorance made me cringe so hard.

Great attempt at being patronising. And we can all say we're black to make a better point.

If you're gonna argue, argue like a rational intelligent person as opposed to a total dick.
Reply 110
lmao, yuck. I hope you are not black.
I really hope you are not otherwise you are a ****ing disgrace to every single black person in the world and right now I feel deeply ashamed and embarrassed for you

The child didn't need to do anything. He was a ****ing little boy how do you not get that into your ****ing head. The police are older than him and they should have dealt with the problems more safely.

LOL.

Please can you point out the part where i said i gave a flying ƒuck about what you hope or care about.

I've taken dumps more relevant than you.
Original post by wdkmwd
A simple Ctrl + F on the Lebanon article will point you out to ver 30 attacks in Beirut alone.

The "generally peaceful city" you were ignorantly praising.

Most of which were last decade, that does not mean that it is not generally peaceful now.

Miami in Florida has had it's fair share of mass shootings in the recent years. Does this make it "war torn"?
killing unarmed people is wrong full stop and he said that The boy should have just put the gun down. - It sounds like he is supporting the policemen. Do you not know how problematic that is?

Supporting the police in trying to apprehend a person who has a gun (in this case it was fake but they didn't know that) who have pointed it people and may have pointed it at them, if I point a gun at you do you have to wait you can take action to protect yourself?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Agreed, but by far the biggest privilege is the wealth of your parents. That is the root cause of most white people being advantaged - their parents are wealthier, and have a more nurturing environment, pushing them more to education and jobs.

I agree that wealth being passed down is probably the one biggest advantages white people on an average (We do have poor white as well, lol) do have over blacks and other races, but that is surely disappearing. I think that if a parent can pass on good self-control to a child, that child can surpass a wealthy one in every aspect of life that has been only given freedom.
Original post by wdkmwd
LOL.

Please can you point out the part where i said i gave a flying ƒuck about what you hope or care about.

I've taken dumps more relevant than you.

You had a white supremacy flag as your dp previously and you want to talk about you being black?
bitch get the **** outta here.
Original post by wdkmwd
Maybe we should then talk about the innocent sheriff that was murdered by black thugs during the uprising.

I guess his killing was reasonably justified because he was a white officer right?

Straw man arguments, as this is unrelated to policemen abusing their position.
Reply 116
Original post by A$aprocky
Great attempt at being patronising. And we can all say we're black to make a better point.

If you're gonna argue, argue like a rational intelligent person as opposed to a total dick.

I'm not saying I'm black to convey another point. I'm black because I am.

Just because I use my mind to reason and not CNN doesn't mean I'm not black.

And I've already dropped all my arguments in previous threads, if you scroll back you'll see them.

I'm still waiting for the reply from the deluded girl that said Beirut is a "generally peaceful city" LOOL.

What ignorance
Reply 117
You had a white supremacy flag as your dp previously and you want to talk about you being black?
bitch get the **** outta here.

The hell are you talking about?
Original post by WBZ144
Straw man arguments, as this is unrelated to policemen abusing their position.

It is relevant, if someone is put in a position they can be killed you can expect that they are more likely to take action to prevent them being killed.
Reply 119
Original post by WBZ144
Most of which were last decade, that does not mean that it is not generally peaceful now.

Miami in Florida has had it's fair share of mass shootings in the recent years. Does this make it "war torn"?

Air- go the fact i said in a year.

Just because massive acts of terrorism took place 6,7 years ago and not as many now, doesn't mean that the city is "generally peaceful"

And a massive LMAO to you trying to equate petty gun crimes to actual wars and acts of terrorism in war torn countries.

It's like I'm conversing with a brick wall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending