The Student Room Group

Im in trouble

im falling in love with someone and i dont want to. i want it to stop! how can i make it stop?

Scroll to see replies

love cannot be stopped :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
love cannot be stopped :redface:

thats something i dont want to hear :frown:
why do you want it to stop ?
Distract yourself with other things
Reply 5
im falling in love with someone and i dont want to. i want it to stop! how can i make it stop?
Why not?
get away from them, dont talk to them, pick up a hobby or something keep your mind away from their thoughts,
run before its too latee!!
You could try spending a bit less time with the person just while you get over them? Maybe it's just a crush and will go away with time. Are you sure that it's such a bad thing that you're falling in love with them?

Hope it all ends up going well, good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by jawsontheflooor
why do you want it to stop ?

i dont know. maybe because of rejection. its not me. i feel stupid :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Distract yourself with other things

im trying to, i need better distractions
You could try spending a bit less time with the person just while you get over them? Maybe it's just a crush and will go away with time. Are you sure that it's such a bad thing that you're falling in love with them?

Hope it all ends up going well, good luck!

i just dont feel ready, and itll end badly, i know it will. its too much to explain. i dont want to upset them, and start avoiding him. it wouldnt be fair. i just dont know
Is falling in love with this person an absolute non-option?

Because unfortunately, I'd have to echo what the other Anon said and say love isn't a thing that's easily stopped. :redface: Feelings aren't always rational and can develop even when you don't want them to.

If this is a person you could never explore a relationship with, I'd advise you do your best to try and manage the feelings and hope they pass with time. It's a situation no one wants to be in, but it happens. :redface:

Take care. :hugs:
Original post by Tootles
Why not?

itll end badly, i know it
Why?

:pinch:dont worry it will be alright:console:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by acupofgreentea
Is falling in love with this person an absolute non-option?

Because unfortunately, I'd have to echo what the other Anon said and say love isn't a thing that's easily stopped. :redface: Feelings aren't always rational and can develop even when you don't want them to.

If this is a person you could never explore a relationship with, I'd advise you do your best to try and manage the feelings and hope they pass with time. It's a situation no one wants to be in, but it happens. :redface:

Take care. :hugs:

its not him, hes great, its actually me. and the situation im in. and how im like
it would end in tears and that wouldnt be fair on him. i just really need to stop these feelings..as stupid as it sounds
Original post by Tootles
Why?

its hard to explain, and i dont want to explain to much because people will probably figure out who i am. :frown:
Don't talk to them...Go out and get laid. Done.

How do you know it? Do you have definitive proof that it will end badly? Or could this just be your fear talking? :redface:

If you don't feel comfortable exploring this at the moment, that's fine, but ensure it's not just your fear making you cautious to pursue it. Change is good - it's how we grow. :redface:

Do you know if he reciprocates these feelings at all?
Original post by Ishea16
:pinch:dont worry it will be alright:console:

i hope so thank you
wish i could stop it
feel stupid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending