The Student Room Group

PRTC help

Hi,
I'm attending my PRTC tomorrow and I'm just curious if the BSKB is difficult to do? And if anyone could give some examples of the questions I'll be getting then that would be great!

Thanks!

Ryan

Scroll to see replies

Quite literally... If you can identify the difference between a 20p and a 50p, you should be fine. My tests were relatively simple.

That may have changed, however; don't worry about it. PRTC is a doddle
Reply 2
hi. just wanted to clarify how long PRTC is. As on my letter it says it lasts 4 days however on the website it says its 3 days. Im due to go down on a Wednesday at the end of April and want to know do I come back on the Friday or the Saturday if anyone can advise. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by craigt858
hi. just wanted to clarify how long PRTC is. As on my letter it says it lasts 4 days however on the website it says its 3 days. Im due to go down on a Wednesday at the end of April and want to know do I come back on the Friday or the Saturday if anyone can advise. Thanks

Hello!

I went to my PRTC Wednesday which when we did our fitness test but since I took my GCSEs with me, I was exempt from my functional skills. So I arrived at 1315 Wednesday, did what I did and I was gone by 1500 Thursday because I passed it all first time and I had no FS to do
Original post by craigt858

Hi Craig, my email says 3 days. You getting the train there?
Original post by thisIsMyUsrNm

Mine says 3 days as well. I assume we have the same date.

Not looking forward to the journey there.
I'm still deciding whether to stay in a hotel nearby the night before my prtc. Reckon it'll take me 6 hours to get there driving. how about you?
Sounds like it would be a good idea to get a hotel after a 6 hour drive.

I'll have to get 3 different trains haha. Should take me about 4hrs30 to get there, just don't know if the rail warrant will cover the cost of travelling on the underground.
I just double checked my dates with RAF. It IS 4 days (including day of arrival). If unsure ring them up!
I just double checked my dates with RAF. It IS 4 days (including day of arrival). If unsure ring them up!

Serious? So we've got to arrive on the Tuesday? My confirmation letter gives a date which can only allow it to run for 3 days!!!

I'll be making a phone call shortly anyway as I still need a warrant.
Yeah the PRTC is 3 days but the total is 4 days. Definitely double check
This is weird. I just called them and they told me to just arrive on the date that I've been already told. I wonder if they give you an option of staying there a day early over night since its not the easiest place to get too?

Yeah getting train there. Four changes. However the one the afco have put me on doesn't arrive till 4:30. Will that be right. I can take an earlier train if need be and get there at 1:34.
When I spoke to my afco when they booked me on they said I would be home on the Friday night latest. I'm in London that weekend and wouldn't be able to stay till Saturday. Desperately trying to find my GCSEs certificates now so I don't have to do my functional skills.
Reply 14
I didn't realise we could take our gcse certs. That's good means I might not have to do the functional skills. Thanks guys n see you there!
Reply 15
Are all your prtcs on June the 15th? Because mines 1 month today!
Reply 16
mines on wednesday, any advice?? i'm bricking it for the multi-stage fitness test, only did 10:26 on the mile and a half and feel completely not ready.
Lzac11; That's when mine is. Already nervous!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Bandygeek
Lzac11; That's when mine is. Already nervous!

Same currently chinning off work revising raf bases and all that lovely stuff. Still mostly nervous for the PT though
Same here Sooty; really nervous for the pt. Currently suffering with man flu but going to do the bleep test at the weekend to see how much work I have left to do!

Quick Reply

Latest