The Student Room Group

Don't know where to post this: My dad got assaulted

I have no idea where to post this so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

The incident happened about 20 days and I feel like the police are doing jack ****.

Little back story:

These chavs, about 13-14 years old, hang around my neighbourhood (one of them live there). There frequently do knock and run (you know, when you ring the bell and leg it). The thing is they pretty much target my house and some others in my neighbourhood because were ethnic minorities.

About 20 days back, one of them rang the bell and ran. I looked out my window and saw who it was and the guy turned back and saw me looking at him.

He and 3 of the mates he was with at the time turned around and came towards my house. I knew they wanted trouble so I went downstairs (I was in my bedroom). Soon as they rang they bell again, I opened the door. The guy I looked at said
"why you looking at me"
and tried to get inside my house. I'm not going to let a **** into my house so I pushed him out and he went about 6 meters back and fell over on the pavement. One of his mates tried to punch me but I've been doing boxing for about 4 years and I easily blocked it, kicked him in the leg and he started shaking. I told them to get lost and go away.

Few minutes later, I get a knock on the door. I looked outside my window and the 5 chavs are there with their whole ****ing family. I'm not a pussy and I know if i wanted to I can beat the living **** out of them all. I went down stairs and soon as I opened the door the kids dads uninvitedly gets inside the house. He seemed pretty aggressive but stopped after he saw me (I was wearing a tank lmfao). BTW, this time my dad was behind and take into account he did nothing at all.

I went outside to talk to his mum who was also there and I explained how much of a **** he was being. She said

"It doesn't matter, you assaulted a 13-year-old"

(This is the guy I pushed and I'm 16 btw, so in also a minor). I said "sorry" but she laughed at me and said she's going to call the police as I "assaulted" her son. I told her to **** off and I heard shouted inside my home. Ran to the door and opened it and the chavs dad punched my dad in the face and was kicking him. I kinda froze... I managed to quickly snap back and pushed the guy off my dad and kicked him out of the house. But it was too late as the guy was wearing and it cut my dads face near the eye.

We called the police and the ambulance arrived but police didn't arrive until 3 days later...****ing pathetic.

During the 2nd week of the easter holidays, I gave my account to police on what happened and even showed them to houses -one of them was the home of the **** who punched my dad. They still haven't arrested him o anything even after a full 3 weeks.

Points I missed:
I'm 16 and was also assaulted when I pushed the guy off, my dad.
Me kicking the guy (of the-the kids) was in self-defense
I pushed the guy (first kid) because he was acting aggressive and wanted to come inside my house.
The police are ****ing useless
My dad had to visit the hospital 4 times
My dad has not been able to go to work for 3 weeks+.

If you read through all that then thank you because I haven't even proof read it and have no idea how the TSR formatting works.

TL;DR: My dad was punched in the face and kicked, had to visit the hospital 4 times and has not been able to go to work for 3+ weeks.
I was also assaulted but it was minor injuries.
The guy who assaulted my dad was about 36 (I guess he also assaulted a minor as in 16)
and the police seem to be doing jack ****.

Any advice?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that that happened :/ I hope that you and your dad are okay.
There's not much that you can do about it I'm afraid, you can't go in there guns blazing as that might make the situation worse.

They should contact you some time soon - if not, I would chase it up.

Did they give you an incident no.? If you ring the non-emergency number and give the incident number you should be able to talk to them about it.

Make sure that you mention any issues you might have, such as if you're worried that they will turn up again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by QueenBee98

There's not much that you can do about it I'm afraid, you can't go in there guns blazing as that might make the situation worse.

Did they give you an incident no.? If you ring the non-emergency number and give the incident number you should be able to talk to them about it.

Make sure that you mention any issues you might have, such as if you're worried that they will turn up again.

Hey, maybe you should edit your comment and replace the quote with an * or something since OP removed their story so I don't think they want it available any more? Keep the advice though :-)
Original post by saladays
Hey, maybe you should edit your comment and replace the quote with an * or something since OP removed their story so I don't think they want it available any more? Keep the advice though :-)

Ah okay :smile: I will do that
Original post by QueenBee98

Yea they did give us an incident number and the police did come to take accounts. I even showed the police guy two houses and one of them is the house of the guy who assaulted my dad. They police just seem to passive about this and my dad did not wrong and I just feel like a dick for this whole thing.
Original post by saladays

Put it back up now, I thought this post was going to get buried with no replies.
Original post by THROWAWAY27000
Yea they did give us an incident number and the police did come to take accounts. I even showed the police guy two houses and one of them is the house of the guy who assaulted my dad. They police just seem to passive about this and my dad did not wrong and I just feel like a dick for this whole thing.

I'm afraid that they might not be able to do anything for a while :-/ You shouldn't, they were the ones who came over and behaved like imbeciles.... you did nothing wrong. I mean, don't you have the right to look out of your own window? You stuck up for yourself and fended them off when they hurt your dad, you shouldn't feel ashamed. You should be proud of yourself :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by THROWAWAY27000
I have no idea where to post this so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

The incident happened about 20 days and I feel like the police are doing jack ****.

Little back story:

These chavs, about 13-14 years old, hang around my neighbourhood (one of them live there). There frequently do knock and run (you know, when you ring the bell and leg it). The thing is they pretty much target my house and some others in my neighbourhood because were ethnic minorities.

About 20 days back, one of them rang the bell and ran. I looked out my window and saw who it was and the guy turned back and saw me looking at him.

He and 3 of the mates he was with at the time turned around and came towards my house. I knew they wanted trouble so I went downstairs (I was in my bedroom). Soon as they rang they bell again, I opened the door. The guy I looked at said
"why you looking at me"
and tried to get inside my house. I'm not going to let a **** into my house so I pushed him out and he went about 6 meters back and fell over on the pavement. One of his mates tried to punch me but I've been doing boxing for about 4 years and I easily blocked it, kicked him in the leg and he started shaking. I told them to get lost and go away.

Few minutes later, I get a knock on the door. I looked outside my window and the 5 chavs are there with their whole ****ing family. I'm not a pussy and I know if i wanted to I can beat the living **** out of them all. I went down stairs and soon as I opened the door the kids dads uninvitedly gets inside the house. He seemed pretty aggressive but stopped after he saw me (I was wearing a tank lmfao). BTW, this time my dad was behind and take into account he did nothing at all.

I went outside to talk to his mum who was also there and I explained how much of a **** he was being. She said

"It doesn't matter, you assaulted a 13-year-old"

(This is the guy I pushed and I'm 16 btw, so in also a minor). I said "sorry" but she laughed at me and said she's going to call the police as I "assaulted" her son. I told her to **** off and I heard shouted inside my home. Ran to the door and opened it and the chavs dad punched my dad in the face and was kicking him. I kinda froze... I managed to quickly snap back and pushed the guy off my dad and kicked him out of the house. But it was too late as the guy was wearing and it cut my dads face near the eye.

We called the police and the ambulance arrived but police didn't arrive until 3 days later...****ing pathetic.

During the 2nd week of the easter holidays, I gave my account to police on what happened and even showed them to houses -one of them was the home of the **** who punched my dad. They still haven't arrested him o anything even after a full 3 weeks.

Points I missed:
I'm 16 and was also assaulted when I pushed the guy off, my dad.
Me kicking the guy (of the-the kids) was in self-defense
I pushed the guy (first kid) because he was acting aggressive and wanted to come inside my house.
The police are ****ing useless
My dad had to visit the hospital 4 times
My dad has not been able to go to work for 3 weeks+.

If you read through all that then thank you because I haven't even proof read it and have no idea how the TSR formatting works.

TL;DR: My dad was punched in the face and kicked, had to visit the hospital 4 times and has not been able to go to work for 3+ weeks.
I was also assaulted but it was minor injuries.
The guy who assaulted my dad was about 36 (I guess he also assaulted a minor as in 16)
and the police seem to be doing jack ****.

Any advice?

Sorry I cannot give you any meaningful advice, just want to say I am sorry to hear what happened to your dad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending