The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Original post by Hcant
Thinking more self catered at Raleigh Park because I think it gives more flexibility and with the long physio hours I wasn't sure if I would make meal times!!

yeah a student at the open day said they didn't always make it back in time for meals :/
Original post by Em_27
I put Cardiff as my insurance although they're asking for AA too 😂 Have you picked one?

Yeah I've put Bradford even though they're asking for higher grades 😂😂 have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from Huddersfield yet? I'm getting really worried as I called UCAS yesterday and they said that the deadline for Huddersfield to reply regarding offers/ rejections is today! And still they haven't got back! And if they don't reply to my application to them it will be declined😭 and can't not know if I got an offer or not😩
Original post by FeatherOfLead
Hey, I've firmed Keele! :smile: Super excited to get started this year.

Same!! :-) Are you a home student? Have you visited the university?
Does anyone know how lenient the universities are if you don't achieve the grades they asked for? Super worried because I just finished my IB Biology exam this week and honestly don't think it went extremely well :frown:
Original post by Emma2898
Has anyone heard from Huddersfield yet? I'm getting really worried as I called UCAS yesterday and they said that the deadline for Huddersfield to reply regarding offers/ rejections is today! And still they haven't got back! And if they don't reply to my application to them it will be declined😭 and can't not know if I got an offer or not😩

As far as I know that if they haven't replied by today it means the interview has been unsuccessful. Maybe ring Huddersfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2586
Original post by msiapt
Yeah I've put Bradford even though they're asking for higher grades 😂😂 have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, have you? I'm not sure if I want to live on university campus or one of the self catered sites
I decided to firm Cardiff in the end :smile: anyone else going to Cardiff - do you know if theres a Facebook group or anything? xx
Reply 2588
Hi, there is Physio Group chat on Facebook which I can add you into if you like. What is your name please, then I can send you a friend request and add you into the group
Original post by Ali43
Hi, there is Physio Group chat on Facebook which I can add you into if you like. What is your name please, then I can send you a friend request and add you into the group

Hey!! Ah exciting :biggrin: I'll private message you now x
Original post by Em_27
No, have you? I'm not sure if I want to live on university campus or one of the self catered sites

Yes I have, I applied all en-suites that was available because first years are guaranteed a room. I'm just waiting for allocation atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emma2898

Hi Emma,

You can call our Admissions team on the following number: 01484 473969
The office is open from 8.30am-5pm today.

Best wishes and good luck!
UoH
Original post by martslo
Does anyone know how lenient the universities are if you don't achieve the grades they asked for? Super worried because I just finished my IB Biology exam this week and honestly don't think it went extremely well :frown:

Think it depends on the uni, they obviously want you there or they wouldnt offer you a place. But depends on how close you are to the grades they want. I know someone at Oxford Brookes who got ABB and theh wanted AAB but they accepted her anyway. Guess best thing is to ring them as soon as you get your grades
Reply 2593
Original post by Doodledoo9
Well done on that. I did hear back but unfortunately was unsuccessful. Applied for another uni through extra though. Best of luck

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best with the other uni you have applied for. I am sure something will work out for u :smile:
Original post by martslo
Same!! :-) Are you a home student? Have you visited the university?

I'm based in Surrey, so I live 3 hours from the university. I've visited it multiple times, for open days as well as to visit a family friend that attends the university. I really love the campus, and the facilities.
Original post by bryonyrichards
Aw nice, have you done your accommodation yet??

Yeah I applied about a month ago I think! Can't really remember which ones I chose though! Have you applied?
Original post by alexio97
Has anyone firmed Southampton or Plymouth?:smile:

Ive firmed Southampton
Original post by Oliver_1_2
Yeah I applied about a month ago I think! Can't really remember which ones I chose though! Have you applied?

Yeh I have, and I put dehavillin first, then Telford court. Do you know how long the course is (weeks) want to make sure I've got enough time in the accommodation!
Original post by FeatherOfLead
I'm based in Surrey, so I live 3 hours from the university. I've visited it multiple times, for open days as well as to visit a family friend that attends the university. I really love the campus, and the facilities.

That's good to hear! I've never visited, so I have no idea what the campus is like (i've seen photos of course) but I'm really looking forward to September. Do you know how many students there are in each cohort for physio?
Original post by rachel8703
Think it depends on the uni, they obviously want you there or they wouldnt offer you a place. But depends on how close you are to the grades they want. I know someone at Oxford Brookes who got ABB and theh wanted AAB but they accepted her anyway. Guess best thing is to ring them as soon as you get your grades

ahh ok thanks :-) have you firmed any of the unis for physio?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending