The Student Room Group

maintenance loan worries

i applied for a maintenance loan because i didnt know what it was and i thought i needed it to pay for my course fee but i was recently educated on what it is and i now dont need it as i am still living at home with my parents and they dont need me to pay rent, how do i cancel that part of my application?
Original post by ahscourtney
i applied for a maintenance loan because i didnt know what it was and i thought i needed it to pay for my course fee but i was recently educated on what it is and i now dont need it as i am still living at home with my parents and they dont need me to pay rent, how do i cancel that part of my application?

Give sfe a call, but first consider if you definitely don't need it, will your parents be giving you money to live off and for travel too?

Have you tried calling them? It is a bit of pain being put on hold all the time (so do something else at the same time). However when you get through they are generally very helpful.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Give sfe a call, but first consider if you definitely don't need it, will your parents be giving you money to live off and for travel too?

i applied for a university course at my local college so i only have a 20 minute bus journey which costs about £1.50 a day and im only in for 2 days a week and i can pay for that through my wages as i currently have a job and my parents dont expect me to pay rent so i feel as if i dont need this loan at all
Reply 4
Original post by Sportycb
Have you tried calling them? It is a bit of pain being put on hold all the time (so do something else at the same time). However when you get through they are generally very helpful.

no i havent called them i was hoping there would be another solution but it looks like this is my only option so im going to have to do so. thankyou for your reply!
i applied for a university course at my local college so i only have a 20 minute bus journey which costs about £1.50 a day and im only in for 2 days a week and i can pay for that through my wages as i currently have a job and my parents dont expect me to pay rent so i feel as if i dont need this loan at all

thats understandable then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending