The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
My instructor said for the first time, the driving was awesome so I should book asap again, the only problem is.. it's a 2 month wait now :/ so I'm just gonna look for cancellations and if I do get an earlier time soon then I'll take two, 2 hour lessons and hopefully be ready.

Still gutted!!

Sorry to hear you failed, best of luck next time. (fingers crossed)
Reply 261
Has anyone on here taken a test in Enfield test centre?

Also, my test is at 1:35pm; is this a busy time or a quiet time?

Still not confident with the manoeuvres, basically have one lesson this weekend, two next week and one hour before my test to master them. Worried that's not enough time.
Original post by fkx
Has anyone on here taken a test in Enfield test centre?

Also, my test is at 1:35pm; is this a busy time or a quiet time?

Still not confident with the manoeuvres, basically have one lesson this weekend, two next week and one hour before my test to master them. Worried that's not enough time.

Should be okay but tbh... don't worry about the time unless you really wanna do it at a congested time...
You gotta pick a time, whatever the time go for it, at one point you'll be driving at any time :tongue:

But yeah 1:35 should be okay, especially since its half-term this week and so on.. you'll be fine :smile:
Paranoia and anxiety. Not a daily every-situation struggle, just with this. That a big truck will out of nowhere come speeding or something. Keep arguing with my instructor only if he urges me when I suddenly stop driving because I refuse to drive in a certain place.
Reply 264
Should be okay but tbh... don't worry about the time unless you really wanna do it at a congested time...
You gotta pick a time, whatever the time go for it, at one point you'll be driving at any time :tongue:

But yeah 1:35 should be okay, especially since its half-term this week and so on.. you'll be fine :smile:

My test is next week haha so not in half-term. I think its an okay time, atm im just so worried about the bloody manoeuvres. Last night i had a dream i got the reverse around the corner which i failed at :frown: just so nervous about those.

If I get turn in the road, omg I'll be so happy!!!
Reply 265
I had a good lesson on Thursday and my mum finally started her driving lessons! The race is on now to see who passes first :tongue:

I'm starting 2 lessons per week as of tomorrow to get me test ready asap :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 266
Original post by Spock's Socks
I had a good lesson on Thursday and my mum finally started her driving lessons! The race is on now to see who passes first :tongue:

I'm starting 2 lessons per week as of tomorrow to get me test ready asap :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is your test?
Reply 267
Original post by fkx
When is your test?

11th August. It was the soonest I could get since there's up to 4 month waiting period in my area :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that's good:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im looking for a Hyundai I20 around here, but its so difficult >.<

I got a Hyundai i10 from rockar.com (if you're looking for one brand new). They even delivered it to me even though I live hundreds of miles away haha. I would really recommend them as it was so simple to buy the car and I got a good deal at the time :smile:
Reply 270
11th August. It was the soonest I could get since there's up to 4 month waiting period in my area :frown:

Oh thats not bad. Mine is next week, Im so nervous :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same with me and my sister. She's failed her theory that many times that we now know I'm going to win however.

Try get a cancellation? They usually put more up if they go quickly. Keep checking, mines a 3 month wait in my area and I managed to move mine from 10th August to the 1st July!
Original post by Midnightmemories
Same with me and my sister. She's failed her theory that many times that we now know I'm going to win however.

Try get a cancellation? They usually put more up if they go quickly. Keep checking, mines a 3 month wait in my area and I managed to move mine from 10th August to the 1st July!

Damn mines for the 19th Hither, tryna broaden my horizons and hoping to get lucky before july at mitcham or hither.. haha
Reply 273
Just back from a lesson. Think the nerves are getting to me now, as I didn't do as well as I have been doing.

Did reverse around the corner which I just can't do :frown: I get confused where and when to steer especially as I cant see properly cos im too short.

Did turn in the road which was good although i forgot which way to steer but instructor said i got it just in time.

Roundabouts was good, im happy ive finally got the hang of them!

Just going to watch more videos on the manoeuvres and go through the show me tell me questions tonight as I have another lesson tomorrow.

I just need to stop panicking but i know i wont because of my test :frown: which causes me to make silly mistakes. even today, general driving was good but when we were doing the mock test, thats when i had problems.
Original post by fkx
Just back from a lesson. Think the nerves are getting to me now, as I didn't do as well as I have been doing.

Did reverse around the corner which I just can't do :frown: I get confused where and when to steer especially as I cant see properly cos im too short.

Did turn in the road which was good although i forgot which way to steer but instructor said i got it just in time.

Roundabouts was good, im happy ive finally got the hang of them!

Just going to watch more videos on the manoeuvres and go through the show me tell me questions tonight as I have another lesson tomorrow.

I just need to stop panicking but i know i wont because of my test :frown: which causes me to make silly mistakes. even today, general driving was good but when we were doing the mock test, thats when i had problems.

Omg I feel you there! Just got back from a lesson and did a mock. Literally buggered up the mock :frown: but my instructor is gonna do another one next week with me. Kept stalling and changing gears too late :frown: probably worst lesson I've had in God knows how long, and my practical is in a couple of months :redface: but towards the end of my lesson was ok but other than that had a bad lesson :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
Got my first 2 hour lesson in an hour :smile: looking forward to it and hoping I get a lot packed into the lesson

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my first 2 hour lesson in an hour :smile: looking forward to it and hoping I get a lot packed into the lesson

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 277
Original post by ohhello92x
Omg I feel you there! Just got back from a lesson and did a mock. Literally buggered up the mock :frown: but my instructor is gonna do another one next week with me. Kept stalling and changing gears too late :frown: probably worst lesson I've had in God knows how long, and my practical is in a couple of months :redface: but towards the end of my lesson was ok but other than that had a bad lesson :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk why but whenever im doing a mock i just mess up :frown: despite my lesson going well

you still have some time, my test is this week and im so nervous, i feel if i dont get the turn in the road manoeuvre then ive failed the test :frown:
Original post by fkx
Idk why but whenever im doing a mock i just mess up :frown: despite my lesson going well

you still have some time, my test is this week and im so nervous, i feel if i dont get the turn in the road manoeuvre then ive failed the test :frown:

Yeah maybe it's just the thought of doing the mock is probably why you're/I'm messing up :redface:?
Aw good luck for this week :redface:, you never know, you may pass :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 279
Original post by ohhello92x
Yeah maybe it's just the thought of doing the mock is probably why you're/I'm messing up :redface:?
Aw good luck for this week :redface:, you never know, you may pass :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i think so, its probably the pressure

Thank you, i need all the luck i can get! I need a miracle to pass haha, no im trying to think positive about it, because im not worried about failing as its my first test but i do want to give it my best shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending