The Student Room Group

Student loan for two courses

Hi, I am Bhim Raj Limbu. And I am very confused about the student loan. Actually, I am going to do HNC in Aeronautical Engineering which is 1 year course in one college. And again, I am thinking of doing MEng in Aeronautical Engineering which is 5 years course (with placement) in different UNiversity. I am thinking of having student loan for HNC course (1 year). And also apply for Student loan for MEng course (integrated 5 years). Now, the question is, Can I get student loan for HNC as well as for full 5 years MEng course?I also called student finance and the guy said me that I can get student loan for HNC (1 year) and also for full MEng course). I am really confused Can anyone help me with this. I do not know if I take loan for HNC or not because of fear of not getting loan for MEng (5 years). Thank you guys
Original post by Bhim
Hi, I am Bhim Raj Limbu. And I am very confused about the student loan. Actually, I am going to do HNC in Aeronautical Engineering which is 1 year course in one college. And again, I am thinking of doing MEng in Aeronautical Engineering which is 5 years course (with placement) in different UNiversity. I am thinking of having student loan for HNC course (1 year). And also apply for Student loan for MEng course (integrated 5 years). Now, the question is, Can I get student loan for HNC as well as for full 5 years MEng course?I also called student finance and the guy said me that I can get student loan for HNC (1 year) and also for full MEng course). I am really confused Can anyone help me with this. I do not know if I take loan for HNC or not because of fear of not getting loan for MEng (5 years). Thank you guys

You wouldnt get both funded, if you achieve a HNC, its likely they'll expect you to fund the first year of the Meng. Is there a reason you haven't considered getting a transfer into 2nd year once you have the hnc?
Reply 2
Thank you. But why did the guy from student finance said that I can get funded for both HNC and MEng Since HNC is only one year. I told him everything about the situatuion. And also, can I go to second year directly after HNC?
Reply 3
And, also I have to do HNC as a top up for BTEC Level 3 Subsidairy because I did not finish 2nd year of my BTEC Level 3 course. It is too complicated, and I don't know why student finance would say that I would get funded for both even when I told them the similar thing I wrote here.
What Claire said is right. There's the ELQ rules which means if you have a qualification at the same or lower level, they won't fund you. A HNC is the first year of a Meng, therefore, you won't get funding.
Hi Bhim.

If the HNC is part of the MEng as well, you may not get funded for this. I would advise you to call us and speak to the advisors.

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Bhim.If the HNC is part of the MEng as well, you may not get funded for this. I would advise you to call us and speak to the advisors.Thanks
Hi Mark, HNC is the course which I have to do to apply for MEng. Does it still considered as the part of MEng? And, these courses are in different university. Thank you guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending