The Student Room Group

Does it matter who initiates texts /calls the most in the beginning?

Do you ever feel like you're doing too Much of either?

I kind of feel like I am reaching out to this guy more than he reaches out to me. I tend to check in way more than he does, the last time we went out I arranged it and followed up with him (he suggested the place). I don't get the vibe he doesn't want to ever talk to me or see me. After the last time we went out I asked how his evening was and he said ''it was great and a blessing he found out about the movie we watched or else tonight wouldn't have happened'' - he sounded really enthusiastic too.

He also said we should do something again soon. I casually brought it up the other day and the conversation was short and sweet. I'm just starting to wonder if he likes me as much as I like him. I want to talk to him from time to time but I refrain because I don't wanna seem clingy. I know in the beginning he didn't have a clue I was interested but I have been giving signs and vice versa.
been there. it's really important to remember that you cannot make anybody do anything that they dont already want to. so if he isn't putting in effort it's because HE DOESN'T WANT TO. my advice would be not to waste anymore time on him and just get on with your life. if he wants you, he'll notice and make a move
If you're not happy, you do need to talk to him.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
been there. it's really important to remember that you cannot make anybody do anything that they dont already want to. so if he isn't putting in effort it's because HE DOESN'T WANT TO. my advice would be not to waste anymore time on him and just get on with your life. if he wants you, he'll notice and make a move

Thanks. I have taken a huge step back and although I have wanted to make contact with him, I've decided not to. Like you said he will make an effort if he wants to be with me.
Reply 4
Original post by Tiger Rag
If you're not happy, you do need to talk to him.

I would however I've only known him for about two months, so I don't wanna seem like I am clingy.
Reply 5
Anybody else?
If you're putting in way too much effort than he is,leave it be. Nobody is ever too busy to talk to you if they want to and you can't make him do it if he's not feeling it.*
I'm normally a lazy guy. And lot of things that happens in my life are none of it initiated by me. When I used to date too I hardly put any effort. Maybe that's why I'm single today. But tend to adapt and live on being happy.

When i was in a relationship it was when i was in uni, and my social circle always had plans and I was obviously keen to involve myself to have fun. Both relationship broke down bitterly and one of them was "I wasnt spending time with her" and that was completely true.

of course i also feel if i met the girl of my dreams no matter how busy or lazy i am i would never think twice to call or text her!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending