The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by target21859
Does anyone know when edexcel results plus updates?

About 6am on the 18th I think... Does it not say on their website?
Edexcel papers from this year anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why does the date for results day change every year? Last year it was the 13th now the 18th not exactly fair :biggrin:
Why does the date for results day change every year? Last year it was the 13th now the 18th not exactly fair :biggrin:

It's always on the 3rd Thursday of August - just unfortunate timing this year, I suppose :frown:
39 days?! Where is the time going? I want results day to come fast but I hate wishing away my holidays ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625

It's because it's always in a Thursday (like elections) and generally it's the third Thursday in the month I believe but was the second last year because the third Thursday would have been the 20th which is too late and would have left GCSE results day on the 27th which also isn't fair.
Original post by SigCig
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AAAA
A2 predictions - A*A*A
What subjects are you taking? MEI maths and further maths, OCR A Chemistry
How did exams go? every exam had that killer question :frown:
To which university are you hoping to go to? UCL
To study what? Maths G100
How are you feeling about results day? I already know i did not achieve the grades required so need to start preparing for clearing :frown:

What was the killer question in OCR A chem?
Anyway don't be too disappointed, last year I was sure I'd get a B in C2 and I got 93% UMS (I even cried that I was too crap :biggrin:)
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Is it me or does time seem to be going a lot faster this year as opposed to last year, for the run up to results day?

For me it's absolutely DRAGGING! :frown:
Original post by Bubbles26

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did edexcel maths and further maths
Original post by Bubbles26

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did A2 Edexcel Chemistry and Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloeabeki

I'm sure you did great!!!! :wink:
Original post by chloeabeki

Same here - I just can't stop thinking about my results.
Serious question:
About 4 months after I had submitted my UCAS application, I decided that I would not take certain exams in the summer. I contacted UCAS on Twitter to confirm if this was okay and I was told it was as long as it's not part of the offer (which they weren't). However, I came across this page on the UCAS website:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes.

This is worrying me now because I thought I had sorted it all out a while ago but apparently not. I was not told on Twitter that I had to contact the universities or to contact UCAS on the email address on the page. It says on the page that this can cause delays on results day which worries me.

The exams I decided not to take are:
STEP I
STEP II
STEP III
6PH01 resit
6PH02 resit
When I added physics to my UCAS form, I put it as pending and listed the resits under it and not what I got at AS. Would this be a problem?

At the time I wasn't sure which STEP paper I was going to take so I was told to put down all of them. Of course, later on I decided that I didn't have the time to do any of them. I also decided against doing the resits because I could still get an A or an A* without resits so I thought it would be best to concentrate on my A2 modules which could improve my grade more than the resits. I did mention STEP on my personal statement as well, however, I still attended the STEP sessions even after deciding not to do STEP as I really did enjoy them.

Should I contact my two universities now about these changes or is it too late? Both universities don't require STEP or the physics resits as part of their offer. Warwick gives a choice of conditions and two of them don't require STEP. I submitted my application early because I had to for Cambridge so I was a bit rushed to finish it and I was still unsure as to whether I would actually take these exams or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :adore::adore::adore:
Reply 633
Serious question:
About 4 months after I had submitted my UCAS application, I decided that I would not take certain exams in the summer. I contacted UCAS on Twitter to confirm if this was okay and I was told it was as long as it's not part of the offer (which they weren't). However, I came across this page on the UCAS website:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes.

This is worrying me now because I thought I had sorted it all out a while ago but apparently not. I was not told on Twitter that I had to contact the universities or to contact UCAS on the email address on the page. It says on the page that this can cause delays on results day which worries me.

The exams I decided not to take are:
STEP I
STEP II
STEP III
6PH01 resit
6PH02 resit
When I added physics to my UCAS form, I put it as pending and listed the resits under it and not what I got at AS. Would this be a problem?

At the time I wasn't sure which STEP paper I was going to take so I was told to put down all of them. Of course, later on I decided that I didn't have the time to do any of them. I also decided against doing the resits because I could still get an A or an A* without resits so I thought it would be best to concentrate on my A2 modules which could improve my grade more than the resits. I did mention STEP on my personal statement as well, however, I still attended the STEP sessions even after deciding not to do STEP as I really did enjoy them.

Should I contact my two universities now about these changes or is it too late? Both universities don't require STEP or the physics resits as part of their offer. Warwick gives a choice of conditions and two of them don't require STEP. I submitted my application early because I had to for Cambridge so I was a bit rushed to finish it and I was still unsure as to whether I would actually take these exams or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :adore::adore::adore:

You should definitely contact them now. As that article says you should have well before the exams but doing it now would be a sign of good faith. They could decide to not accept you on the grounds that you lied in your application if you don't and whilst I'm not sure teh prosedure for after exams I'm sure if you explain that it was a genuine mistake they won't mind.
Same here - I just can't stop thinking about my results.
im more worried about getting into uni... My grades can be worse then I want but not getting in would hurt more.
It sounds ridiculous, but I'm terrified of getting something like A*A*C. Because obviously A*s would be great, but I'm taking a gap year so I might not even be get onto courses that want BBB.
Original post by Aph
You should definitely contact them now. As that article says you should have well before the exams but doing it now would be a sign of good faith. They could decide to not accept you on the grounds that you lied in your application if you don't and whilst I'm not sure teh prosedure for after exams I'm sure if you explain that it was a genuine mistake they won't mind.
im more worried about getting into uni... My grades can be worse then I want but not getting in would hurt more.

I'll do that then thanks. Hopefully it won't be a problem. I genuinely didn't know. That person on UCAS told me lies.
*cue another post of me commenting on how quickly time is going and how soon results day is*

:moon:
Original post by jamestg
*cue another post of me commenting on how quickly time is going and how soon results day is*

:moon:

I want the day to come like yesterday xD
I'll do that then thanks. Hopefully it won't be a problem. I genuinely didn't know. That person on UCAS told me lies.

If you can find the tweet in your old @s then it's worth complaining to UCAS about their social media advisors giving answers that contradict their website. They should have better training than that.

You can complain by email https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/our-service-customers#excellence
(edited 7 years ago)
Just woke up from a result day nightmare. . :sigh::sigh::sigh: now I can't get back to sleep..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest