The Student Room Group

What course could I do with a D* in ICT (subsidary), and DD in Business BTEC?

I am going through the clearing process, as I had offers from sh*t unis, like Greenwich and Westminster uni. I had applied for a computer science course at Brunel through clearing but they offered me a foundation course instead which was 'information , Computing and Mathematics with an Integrated Foundation Year and Professional Development'.

Brunel had told me over the phone that the foundation year would last a year, and then I'd be able to get on to an actual degree, which 'may' be computer science. So in simpler words, I'd have to wait a year to actually do the computer science degree.
The problem is that I don't want to wait a year, and then get onto a degree in computer science. I WANT TO START THE COURSE THIS SEPTEMBER. So I'm so confused on what to actually do?

What other courses could I do with a D* in ICT (subsidiary diploma) and Business (BTEC national diploma) DD ?

I want to go to a good uni, in London only.
why not just go on ucas clearing and do a search? Check the requirements for what's available and phone the uni.
Reply 2
Options are pretty limited, you could try Queen Mary's they are pretty decent. Call them up to see if they've got any spaces.
Reply 3
Original post by Dnkz7
Options are pretty limited, you could try Queen Mary's they are pretty decent. Call them up to see if they've got any spaces.
Thanks for your help man, I was so close on getting an offer from Queen Mary's for the computer science degree, but they said no cause I ONLY have a B in GCSE Maths, not an A :frown:I'll just accept the foundation year course from Brunel, and start the course which I want to do in the second year.
Reply 4
Original post by Shirtpants
Thanks for your help man, I was so close on getting an offer from Queen Mary's for the computer science degree, but they said no cause I ONLY have a B in GCSE Maths, not an A :frown:I'll just accept the foundation year course from Brunel, and start the course which I want to do in the second year.

No worries man, I know it seems like a bit of a stretch but Kent are also doing clearing for CompSci at Canterbury. If you are willing to travel 50 miles a day or just use their accommodation (they have loads and its affordable) then you've got another option.

Other than that, Brunel is gd too - hopefully you can decide where you heart is best placed at.
Reply 5
If you'd like to take a challenging computer science course, consider taking a year out to sit A level Maths and Physics/Further Maths/Computing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending