The Student Room Group

Think my boyfriend isn't serious

I've been with my boyfriend for around 4 months now but I don't feel like our relationship has progressed at all. I always go to his, he doesn't come to mine.. I have met all his friends but he hasn't meet my family or friends.. I feel like he isn't ready for something serious and I'm not sure what to do. He is 25 and I'm his longest relationship...
Decide what you want. Do you wnat soemthing serious or is what he offered worth sticking with? If you dont know then talk to him. If its not what you want then then end it, so you are free to find someone else.
His longest relationship is 4 months and that's with you? Run lol.
Tell him this then and ask him explicitly what his expectations from the relationship are. Is he after something more casual or long term? Tell him what your expectations are.
You need to see if you're both on the same page here
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for around 4 months now but I don't feel like our relationship has progressed at all. I always go to his, he doesn't come to mine.. I have met all his friends but he hasn't meet my family or friends.. I feel like he isn't ready for something serious and I'm not sure what to do. He is 25 and I'm his longest relationship...
Best thing to do is TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL. That is the only way he will be able to open up about how he is feeling, he may even agree with you and try to put more effort in, or tell you exactly how it is by telling you directly he is not serious yet. Communication is key! Don't make rash decisions without knowing the whole story.
He might just be laid back? 4 months isn't a very long time. I don't think my boyfriend met my friends until about 5/6 months and didn't meet my parents till over a year! Whereas I'd met his entire family at this point. Sometimes it's just how things happen, unless he is point blank refusing then it's probably nothing to worry about, talk to him!
4 months at 25 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler

Anyways, I think it's pretty clear he doesn't know 'serious relationship protocol'. You're gonna have to talk to him about it, sincerely and discreetly and show him the ropes.
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
4 months at 25 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler

Anyways, I think it's pretty clear he doesn't know 'serious relationship protocol'. You're gonna have to talk to him about it, sincerely and discreetly and show him the ropes.

My future wife would be bloody lucky to see my parents after 4 months, I'd be pissed off if she kept pestering me about it tbh.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

I think if he's got you to meet all his friends in his mind he might just now be unsure when is the right time to meet like your family etc if you're his longest relationship. just call him out on it, he might genuinely have been unaware of how he comes across but if he is too casual for you then leave him
You are a machine to fulfil his needs. You'll be gone soon.

On the otherhand, he may be looking to change and progress further than 4 months for something serious. He may be unsure how to sustain a relationship and is trying his best and is slightly nervous.

Realistically, I start how I finish -
You are a machine to fulfil his needs. You'll be gone soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending