The Student Room Group

Engineering without physics A Level?

Ive just finished my AS and i am considering doing engineering (energy) but I don't have physics (i do do maths and fmaths). Are there any top unis which offer engineering courses to students who haven't done physics a level?
Original post by indecisiveness
Ive just finished my AS and i am considering doing engineering (energy) but I don't have physics (i do do maths and fmaths). Are there any top unis which offer engineering courses to students who haven't done physics a level?

It appears that most universities require physics and maths at A Level for all engineering courses. I've spent about 5-ish minutes looking at different courses and so far Exeter and Birmingham are the only two that I've found that do not require physics. Take a look at course specific league tables - quite often universities that aren't considered 'top' are one of the best for a particular subject. Also, consider either doing A-Level physics in one year in year 13 (it's reformed right? So year 12 doesn't count anyway? If that's the case it shouldn't be that big of an issue, but do ask your school) or take a gap year and do physics.
Reply 2
Original post by indecisiveness

Manchester, if you have mechanics M1 & M2 in your Maths.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2016/03921/meng-mechanical-engineering/entry-requirements/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending