The Student Room Group

Changing my name

Okay in the box prefered name can i put the name i want to be called? Thats different to my birth name?
On what? Whatever it is, ideally it's for people who either preferred to be called by an abbreviated name or to avoid being called an abbreviated name. Not really designed for "My full name is Dominic Woods, but I prefer to be called
Arthur Charlie-Charles III".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Elizabeth00
Okay in the box prefered name can i put the name i want to be called? Thats different to my birth name?

Yes - that's what preferred name means.

I knew someone called Michael who everybody called Edward.
(edited 7 years ago)
Prefered name is the name you like people calling you.For example my first and middle name are Dan and Arthur.But I like people calling me Dan .
Reply 4
Original post by WoodyMKC
On what? Whatever it is, ideally it's for people who either preferred to be called by an abbreviated name or to avoid being called an abbreviated name. Not really designed for "My full name is Dominic Woods, but I prefer to be called Arthur Charlie-Charles III".

Well elizabeth is my middle name

You dont say in what context, but yes if its something like middle name or an abbreviation of the name.
If you want to change it, then just start using your new name.

If you want to do it officially then you can do it by deed poll or by seeing a notary. That costs money though.
Well elizabeth is my middle name

If you put "_____ Elizabeth ______" in the full name both and then put "Elizabeth" in the preferred name box then at least it'll have some context then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending