The Student Room Group

Lost something sentimental, feeling dismal, need some advice/comfort :(

jcpsjcpas
(edited 7 years ago)
How did you lose it, like did you take it off or something? If you did do you know where you did so?
Original post by Bubblewrap167
How did you lose it, like did you take it off or something? If you did do you know where you did so?

i had to take it off cos uniform rules and i was playing with it in form time stupidly didn't put straight in my bag. either i left it in that form room or brought it to the physics room :frown:
Original post by Iris Hickson
i had to take it off cos uniform rules and i was playing with it in form time stupidly didn't put straight in my bag. either i left it in that form room or brought it to the physics room :frown:

You probably went back to school too late so I guess you should ask your form tutor tomorrow and your physics teacher to see if they have seen it. Sorry I don't have more advice but good luck in finding your necklace :redface:
Today is my first day of year 11 and i lost my ****ing gold necklace. This necklace is incredibly special to me, i got it for my christening, not only was it incredibly expensive and solid gold but ive been wearing it everyday for a straight 4 years, since year 8. it's not just a necklace to me it feels like its been with me throughout amazing memories and its so fine and delicate and pretty. after school my mum freaked out and drove me back at 7 and i ran around searching and asking all the cleaners and there was no sign of it i've almost lost hope. it could be in the locked physics classroom but that was cleaned so i doubt it. im totally beside myself i cried for atleast 40 mins. i'm going to put it in notices in school but i have almost no hope. just thinking about if some rich ***** in my school took it without thought and it makes me so angry sad. please leave some of your experiences like this or advice/comfort i need it rn cos my parents are angry :frown:(((((((( ARGHHHHHH

I'll be honest with you, some scum (a cleaner or a student most likely) will have stolen it and had it scrapped for the spot price by now it's a harsh reality but happened to me so many times when I still wore lighter weight pieces (10g necklaces and bracelets) I'd say now the gold and silver I lost would be worth £1,500 in total and well I have had bigger pieces stolen that's worst (my worst was last year when my big 18kt gold Versace chain and pendant was stolen when I was on a working holiday in Dubai (it was insured luckily but it still cost me close to £4,000 when i bought it)
Original post by jamesthehustler
I'll be honest with you, some scum (a cleaner or a student most likely) will have stolen it and had it scrapped for the spot price by now it's a harsh reality but happened to me so many times when I still wore lighter weight pieces (10g necklaces and bracelets) I'd say now the gold and silver I lost would be worth £1,500 in total and well I have had bigger pieces stolen that's worst (my worst was last year when my big 18kt gold Versace chain and pendant was stolen when I was on a working holiday in Dubai (it was insured luckily but it still cost me close to £4,000 when i bought it)

Yeh tbh it's useful to have the honesty I've figured out that it must it Must have been taken by a student as I know exactly when and where I lost it. Putting in the notices so hopefully if the person is nice enough they'll hand it back in.. If it's in notices in my school u no shits serious (also don't want to sound stuck up but mine is a private girls school so the girls can b more sympathetic than in a rough state school - just the truth) I'll tell u if it turns up
Yeh tbh it's useful to have the honesty I've figured out that it must it Must have been taken by a student as I know exactly when and where I lost it. Putting in the notices so hopefully if the person is nice enough they'll hand it back in.. If it's in notices in my school u no shits serious (also don't want to sound stuck up but mine is a private girls school so the girls can b more sympathetic than in a rough state school - just the truth) I'll tell u if it turns up

That sucks aswell with all the stuff u lost :/ I no the feeling
Reply 7
You lost it and can't have it back, end of story. I suggest calming yourself and talking about it in real life.

do worry about sounding stuck up I'm making close to a quarter million a year
I'm holding out hope for you to find it
Original post by Cruxell
You lost it and can't have it back, end of story. I suggest calming yourself and talking about it in real life.

just accepted that i lost it and guess what! someone gave it in! trust me, i no there are worse things in the world. cant deny you'd also be annoyed if you were me :/
Original post by jamesthehustler
do worry about sounding stuck up I'm making close to a quarter million a year
I'm holding out hope for you to find it

GOOD NEWS i just got an email from my teacher saying it was found - so happy! jsut accepted that i would never get it back aswell. :smile:)
Original post by Bubblewrap167
You probably went back to school too late so I guess you should ask your form tutor tomorrow and your physics teacher to see if they have seen it. Sorry I don't have more advice but good luck in finding your necklace :redface:

GOOD NEWS i just got an email from my teacher saying it was found - so happy! jsut accepted that i would never get it back aswell. :smile:)
Think of this as a mini preparation for losing a family member
Original post by Pinkberry_y

rip mood
Original post by Pinkberry_y

lol.. not really though cos here u have a lot of frustration as you always have the possibility of getting it back..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending