The Student Room Group

School won't predict me A*'s despite high AS grades?

I achieved AAAA in my AS levels, but my school have predicted me AAA for the end of A2. Without trying to sound narcissistic, I got pretty high A's at AS (getting top marks in Eng Lang and Eng Lit and almost full UMS in 2 of my exams) so I don't see why I don't deserve the A* predictions?

I'm only worried because I want to apply to some pretty competitive unis, e.g. UCL, Oxbridge and Russell Groups, and I'm worried this might put me at a disadvantage. Any advice? Has anyone ever been able to negotiate A* predictions with their school?
Original post by romakaji
I achieved AAAA in my AS levels, but my school have predicted me AAA for the end of A2. Without trying to sound narcissistic, I got pretty high A's at AS (getting top marks in Eng Lang and Eng Lit and almost full UMS in 2 of my exams) so I don't see why I don't deserve the A* predictions?

I'm only worried because I want to apply to some pretty competitive unis, e.g. UCL, Oxbridge and Russell Groups, and I'm worried this might put me at a disadvantage. Any advice? Has anyone ever been able to negotiate A* predictions with their school?

You need to make this case to your teacher and if they don't budge then go to the head of the subject. Sometimes, just saying can i have the A* predication can work but you need to show then your results. Did you get over 90% on all parts of as?
Reply 2
Original post by Hayley Williams
You need to make this case to your teacher and if they don't budge then go to the head of the subject. Sometimes, just saying can i have the A* predication can work but you need to show then your results. Did you get over 90% on all parts of as?

Yeah I got over 90% in 2/4 of my AS subjects. I'd be happy with an A*A*A/A*AA prediction as that's enough for my course at Oxford.

I guess asking the head of subject is a good idea as some teachers have their own personal opinions on A* predictions. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by romakaji
Yeah I got over 90% in 2/4 of my AS subjects. I'd be happy with an A*A*A/A*AA prediction as that's enough for my course at Oxford.

I guess asking the head of subject is a good idea as some teachers have their own personal opinions on A* predictions. Thanks. :smile:

Sometimes teacher will not predict the A* because they don't like you or don't think your capable, which is ******** when you've got the as grades to back it up. Yep, get to your head of department, as results in hand and go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending