The Student Room Group

compelling personal reasons for student finance

Hi. I went to college to do my Access to HE last year, however quit half way through. I went back this year to do same course again.However, student finance is asking me to send in evidence of compelling personal reasons.
I've wrote a letter what happened and also I mentioned I got depressed. But I don't have any evidence or supporting docs to send them. Is a letter enough for them ?
Reply 1
Original post by Diyo
Hi. I went to college to do my Access to HE last year, however quit half way through. I went back this year to do same course again.However, student finance is asking me to send in evidence of compelling personal reasons.
I've wrote a letter what happened and also I mentioned I got depressed. But I don't have any evidence or supporting docs to send them. Is a letter enough for them ?

Unfortunately not. SF are looking for written evidence from an independent third party, so that would be something like a letter from a GP or counsellor. They won't just take your word for it. Did you speak to anyone at your college about your problems and why you were dropping out? They might be willing to write a letter for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending