The Student Room Group

Canceling student loan after being accepted for Compelling Personal Reasons' (CPR)

Hi there,

I am writing to ask a question regarding my situation.

Around a month ago, my Compelling Personal Reasons' (CPR) has been accepted, meaning that I will receive extra year of student finance (I would be studying 3rd year of university).

However, due to my unforeseen circumstances, there might be a situation where I won't be able to proceed and start my studies in September. For that reason, I wanted to ask:

- If my CPR has been accepted and I will apply for Student Finance, and a week before the start of my course I will get in touch with Student Finance to cancel my student finance (both maintenance & tuition loan), will I be able to apply for it and receive it the next year instead?

Thank you so much in advance.
Original post by kevin1920
Hi there,

I am writing to ask a question regarding my situation.

Around a month ago, my Compelling Personal Reasons' (CPR) has been accepted, meaning that I will receive extra year of student finance (I would be studying 3rd year of university).

However, due to my unforeseen circumstances, there might be a situation where I won't be able to proceed and start my studies in September. For that reason, I wanted to ask:

- If my CPR has been accepted and I will apply for Student Finance, and a week before the start of my course I will get in touch with Student Finance to cancel my student finance (both maintenance & tuition loan), will I be able to apply for it and receive it the next year instead?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, if you cancel your application before the course starts, the CPR will be used for the next academic year you apply for.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending