The Student Room Group

I want to message him but don't want to seem clingy

I messaged him once last week, and we text for like two days in a row the day before yesterday. In those two days we had quite an intense conversation where he told me how he felt about me etc, I have a few more questions to ask him but I don't want to pester him or anything. I've been told to wait about 4-5 days and see if he messages first before texting him?
Original post by Anonymous
I messaged him once last week, and we text for like two days in a row the day before yesterday. In those two days we had quite an intense conversation where he told me how he felt about me etc, I have a few more questions to ask him but I don't want to pester him or anything. I've been told to wait about 4-5 days and see if he messages first before texting him?

What if he is doing the exact same thing as you?

It's not that deep. Okay, you can be very clingy and message him every hour of every day but you are kind of.. not completely on the opposite end but getting close, I guess, if you wait 4 or 5 days .
Who usually initiates conversation?
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
What if he is doing the exact same thing as you?

It's not that deep. Okay, you can be very clingy and message him every hour of every day but you are kind of.. not completely on the opposite end but getting close, I guess, if you wait 4 or 5 days .

The thing is I have to start the conversation with him each time. Then when I do, it's mostly him acting really, really into me and showering me with compliments etc whereas I'm more neutral and hesitant towards him. He's barely ever on whatsapp either so maybe he just doesn't use his phone much.
Reply 4
Original post by an_atheist
Who usually initiates conversation?

I usually do
Lol I'm the MOST clingy person ever:colonhash: but that's only cos I get attached so easily:redface:. I'm sure you're not as clingy as me.

Anyhow, let him initiate the convo. :smile:
I usually do

Wait and see what he does then. If nothing then give it a couple of days and talk again. If you get into a really deep conversation where feelings are expressed at all, ask him how he feels about you, and go from there
Reply 7
Original post by BrokenLife
Lol I'm the MOST clingy person ever:colonhash: but that's only cos I get attached so easily:redface:. I'm sure you're not as clingy as me.

Anyhow, let him initiate the convo. :smile:

Haha waiting for him to initiate just concerns me a little, in case he just doesn't message me for weeks on end hoping I'll speak to him first. He said he's quite shy and says I make him very nervous because he likes me, but that's in real life so just texting should be easy for him. He doesn't seem much of a texter though to be honest, he's never online but replies quickly to messages.
Reply 8
Wait and see what he does then. If nothing then give it a couple of days and talk again. If you get into a really deep conversation where feelings are expressed at all, ask him how he feels about you, and go from there

We already had our deep conversation a couple of days ago where he told me how beautiful he thought I was, how he wanted to have a serious relationship with me and he was telling me why he thinks I should give him a chance. I just wanted to speak to him again to ask him why he likes me etc. I will give it about 4-5 days then message him again because I do quite like him back now.
We already had our deep conversation a couple of days ago where he told me how beautiful he thought I was, how he wanted to have a serious relationship with me and he was telling me why he thinks I should give him a chance. I just wanted to speak to him again to ask him why he likes me etc. I will give it about 4-5 days then message him again because I do quite like him back now.

You like him, he likes you. Just ask him out; he sounds like he wants to, but is unsure of himself for whatever reason (been there, it sucks). The mutual attraction is there, so worst thing that happens is it doesn't work for whatever reason.
The why he likes you is somewhat irrelevant, he probably couldn't tell you exactly why (its likely a combination of multiple small things, and that he finds you attractive)
(edited 7 years ago)
You like him, he likes you. Just ask him out; he sounds like he wants to, but is unsure of himself for whatever reason (been there, it sucks). The mutual attraction is there, so worst thing that happens is it doesn't work for whatever reason.
The why he likes you is somewhat irrelevant, he probably couldn't tell you exactly why (its likely a combination of multiple small things, and that he finds you attractive)

Yeah I guess it is irrelevant why he likes me, but just out of personal interest I'd like to know what about me made him like me in that way, and I didn't say in our last conversation that I like him back so I was going to mention that too.
The thing is I have to start the conversation with him each time. Then when I do, it's mostly him acting really, really into me and showering me with compliments etc whereas I'm more neutral and hesitant towards him. He's barely ever on whatsapp either so maybe he just doesn't use his phone much.

I get you, I think he might just be a bad texter / lack social initiative or think about texting to you, I was like that once where I'd only really speak to people if they asked first. You can leave it if you want but not sure if he'll get back to you, for the reasons above rather than a lack of interest

Whaaat? :rofl: Who told you that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Message him asking about his day. Don't give him 2 second replies and that way you won't look clingy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending