The Student Room Group

Struggling with A levels

I've just began year 12 and I'm finding the jump from GCSE to A level too big to handle. I'm taking chemistry, maths and psychology (I was taking French before but I dropped it) and the results I'm getting are embarrassing. I now have to attend compulsory revision sessions and have to retake tests because my grades are so bad.
Is anyone else finding it like this?
I feel ya. I've been struggling with A levels as well. Physics in particular is difficult to learn.

I find that organising myself, helps me quite a lot. Maybe over he weekend, if you haven't already, make sure you have organised folders and stuff so that you keep all of your notes and don't forget things. Plan ahead and know what's in your syllabus and what you need to learn so you get a bit of a headstart on difficult topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Mish2000
I feel ya. I've been struggling with A levels as well. Physics in particular is difficult to learn.

I find that organising myself, helps me quite a lot. Maybe over he weekend, if you haven't already, make sure you have organised folders and stuff so that you keep all of your notes and don't forget things. Plan ahead and know what's in your syllabus and what you need to learn so you get a bit of a headstart on difficult topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could barely cope with physics GCSE :eek: I've tried to keep everything organised but I'm thinking about making notes about all my topics on flashcards just so i can refer back to them when I'm revising or doing homework.
Whatever works best for you, as long as you feel organised and on top of work.
And yeah, physics is a nightmare at A level, the hardest subject IMO.
Good luck with your A levels :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mish2000
Whatever works best for you, as long as you feel organised and on top of work.
And yeah, physics is a nightmare at A level, the hardest subject IMO.
Good luck with your A levels :smile:

Thanks, you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending