The Student Room Group

im to scared to ask this girl out

I met her at uni, and she usually sits alone but she is someone who is fun to talk to. She has become good friends with my friendships group.

Ive started to like her now, but I am afraid to ask her out becasue
1. if she says no, I will loose a fun person at uni
2. may ruin the group dynamics
Never know if u don't try

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I think you should ask. Its now or never mate...
Reply 3
I heard about a certain species called humans, they tend to propose romantic relationships to other unoccupied mates.

Frankly, you're being stupid. There isn't a single valid reason for you to not ask her out if you like her. She's single, you're single. Continue like this and you'll never find a girl.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I met her at uni, and she usually sits alone but she is someone who is fun to talk to. She has become good friends with my friendships group.

Ive started to like her now, but I am afraid to ask her out becasue
1. if she says no, I will loose a fun person at uni
2. may ruin the group dynamics

What do you mean lose a fun person? Do you just want her for the fun or do you actually want to start dating her? You're lying to yourself when you say you are worried about losing her as a friend, since we all know (including yourself) that you are not after a friendship.

I personally don't see it ruining the group dynamics tbh, it never happened with people I know when it didn't work out. It's only awkward if you make it awkward and if she makes it awkward then that's her problem.

Worst she can say is no. Go for it.
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
What do you mean lose a fun person? Do you just want her for the fun or do you actually want to start dating her? You're lying to yourself when you say you are worried about losing her as a friend, since we all know (including yourself) that you are not after a friendship.

I personally don't see it ruining the group dynamics tbh, it never happened with people I know when it didn't work out. It's only awkward if you make it awkward and if she makes it awkward then that's her problem.

Worst she can say is no. Go for it.

Yes I am not after her friendship, but honestly part of me would regret it if she deosnt talk to me after.

Agreed, should I just tell her ' Do you want to go out for dinner this week'?
Bruh, grow a pair and ask her. If she says no and you lose her, who the **** cares? There a many more fun people where that came from. Secondly, if it ruins the group dynamics, then so what? It's not the end of the world. You ain't gonna get anywhere in life if you don't take risks.
So you would rather... what? Sit around repressing until the feeling dies and you sit and mildly regret it for months to come when nobody else has turned up yet and you're sat wondering what could've been when instead you decided to avoid "losing a friend" when a friendship was never what you wanted anyway?

Sounds lovely. Let's do that. **** actually trying to get into a relationship, who wants that when they could have this lovely alternative?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I am not after her friendship, but honestly part of me would regret it if she deosnt talk to me after.

Agreed, should I just tell her ' Do you want to go out for dinner this week'?

So what if she doesn't talk to you after? Why would you want someone who rejected you to continue talking to you? You need to understand that now you're in this position where you have two options.

1. Don't ask her out, continue to stay friends and ultimately end up in the friend zone.
2. Ask her out now, she says yes and you'll go on a date with her. If she says no, then you move on, no point staying friends with someone you want to date, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending