The Student Room Group

Working whilst at uni

To all nursing students
Will it be possible for me to have a part time job whilst training?? and and ideas who is best to work for??
I'm not a nurse, but from what I hear of a nursing degree, it's pretty full on, and also has placement. Working part-time could be done, but I think it would have to be a very few hours and have great flexibility to fit in with your course properly and not jeopardise it.
Original post by MissyB123
To all nursing students
Will it be possible for me to have a part time job whilst training?? and and ideas who is best to work for??

Yes it would.
There are some students who hold down a fixed part time job but this is very uncommon due to placement hours and course demands etc.
You'd need to have a very understanding employer.
Most nursing students bank, so they work as and when required on a 0 hour contract.
This means you can dictate when you're available and when not so you only work hours to suit you.
This may sound scary if you worry about there not being any hours etc but in healthcare there are always hours available and staff are always needed.
Most work as hcas as it helps build up your experience and confidence.
However I do know people that work in various other places such as cinemas and coffee shops etc too.
It's all about being able to juggle work placement study and classes etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending