The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

I think a lot of candidates are a bit shocked and disappointed at how quickly and dispassionately some interviewers flick through portfolios. I suppose one reason is that they don't really know if all the work is yours! ;-)
Just got an offer from Sheffield!

Good luck to everyone else, hopefully we'll be seeing more soon!!
Original post by BasilBrick
Just got an offer from Sheffield!

Good luck to everyone else, hopefully we'll be seeing more soon!!

Well done!!! when did you send your portfolio off? I've been waiting foreverrrrrr
Original post by JamesEvans
Well done!!! when did you send your portfolio off? I've been waiting foreverrrrrr

Pretty early, maybe around the 24th of October - I sent off my application for the Oxbridge deadline.
Pretty early, maybe around the 24th of October - I sent off my application for the Oxbridge deadline.

ahhh okay, i sent mind about 2 weeks later than you so they must be taking their time
Hey everyone, I just got home from Cambridge. The town is amazing, the locals are the nicest. I loved it. The interview wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be... and don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging. I really felt that there wasn't an opportunity for me to 'shine' as they say. But the experience was the best ever, it was my first time in the UK and I enjoyed it soooo much more than I expected. The dorm and the food is impressing, and it just felt so... professional.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to all the offerholders!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
Original post by GrétaPanna
Hey everyone, I just got home from Cambridge. The town is amazing, the locals are the nicest. I loved it. The interview wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be... and don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging. I really felt that there wasn't an opportunity for me to 'shine' as they say. But the experience was the best ever, it was my first time in the UK and I enjoyed it soooo much more than I expected. The dorm and the food is impressing, and it just felt so... professional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!:clap2:I'm scrambling together a portfolio for mine next week. How did you find the aptitude test?
Original post by bbglop
Well done!:clap2:I'm scrambling together a portfolio for mine next week. How did you find the aptitude test?

No big deal, really. The writing was difficult, but went better for me then expected (maybe it was the best of all my tests that day, no idea why, I was so afraid of it!). The drawing was really what you would predict: just drawing. The interview... I still can't figure it out. It seemed way too easy, so I'm starting to think I messed up badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No big deal, really. The writing was difficult, but went better for me then expected (maybe it was the best of all my tests that day, no idea why, I was so afraid of it!). The drawing was really what you would predict: just drawing. The interview... I still can't figure it out. It seemed way too easy, so I'm starting to think I messed up badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one knows really so don't worry :smile: well done for finishing!!! Btw did they ask you anything about your drawing task at all? Thanxxxx!
Reply 589
hi!

I sent off my application on the 21st of October to Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham, Brighton and NUA

So far I've had offers from Brighton and NUA and sent off my portfolios to Nottingham (7thNov) and Sheffield (30thNov) but haven't heard back yet.

I haven't yet had a portfolio request from Manchester! Does anyone know if this is normal or whether i should be concerned and maybe email them??

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! I knew you were panicking needlessly! ;-)
Pembroke, right? Civic art...
Original post by thewinelake
Good! I knew you were panicking needlessly! ;-)
Pembroke, right? Civic art...

Yes, how do you know? it's supposed to be a secret :biggrin:

but yeah, the stress wasn't worth it, I read throughout my Oxford Dic of Architecture, and they didn't ask a thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by czhang1998
No one knows really so don't worry :smile: well done for finishing!!! Btw did they ask you anything about your drawing task at all? Thanxxxx!

Different college for me (Magdalene) so I guess it will be different, but they didn't have the drawing or writing on them in the interview; they didn't even make reference to it.
Different college for me (Magdalene) so I guess it will be different, but they didn't have the drawing or writing on them in the interview; they didn't even make reference to it.

Oh ok! Thank you for that info!! So did they mainly quiz and expand topics that were from your personal statement?
Some interesting stories filtering back from various interviewees.
One college (Jesus?) asked the sample question from the architecture dept website...
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh ok! Thank you for that info!! So did they mainly quiz and expand topics that were from your personal statement?

I note that Trinity say "A first-hand acquaintance of some of the major European buildings of the past is helpful." which is interesting. How many interviews are you having?
I note that Trinity say "A first-hand acquaintance of some of the major European buildings of the past is helpful." which is interesting. How many interviews are you having?

Yes i noticed that! But I don't really have anything else other than seeing buildings within the UK... I only have one interview, not sure if this is a good or a bad thing tho...
Some interesting stories filtering back from various interviewees.

This is interesting!! Where did you get all these info from?
(edited 7 years ago)
This is interesting!! Where did you get all these info from?

From people who were there!
From people who were there!

Oh right! That are some strange questions..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending