The Student Room Group

My hands are always FREEZING!

Does anybody else have this problem where their hands are always freezing cold? I'm not exaggerating when I say freezing either... I've been inside my room (which is quite warm) for most of the day yet my hands feel like I've been and made a snowman whilst wearing no gloves!
My hands are like this every single day. When I touch people, they gasp because my hands are so cold. My feet are also really cold even though I'm wearing socks. The rest of my body is warm.
Is this is an indicator of some underlying health problem that I should see a health professional about?

Scroll to see replies

there are various medical conditions where the fingers and toes are cold; ask your doctor if you are worried.
I'm the same, my hands and feet are always ice cold but the rest of me is warm, like on my feet even if I'm wearing socks all day, when I get into bed my feet will be so so cold. :colonhash:
Possible you are low in vitamins?
It's clearly poor circulation, but there could be some underlying cause to it, so maybe go see a doctor. But some people can just have poor circulation with no real cause, but best to get it checked i reckon.
I have the same problem. My hands are always on the radiator and they still stay cold. :dontknow:
Maybe you should see the Doctor?
i d agree speak to a doctor just incase, my sister has a circulatory problem that makes hers hands and feet freezing all time so better to be safe than sorry.
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Does anybody else have this problem where their hands are always freezing cold? I'm not exaggerating when I say freezing either... I've been inside my room (which is quite warm) for most of the day yet my hands feel like I've been and made a snowman whilst wearing no gloves!
My hands are like this every single day. When I touch people, they gasp because my hands are so cold. My feet are also really cold even though I'm wearing socks. The rest of my body is warm.
Is this is an indicator of some underlying health problem that I should see a health professional about?

You should definitely see a doctor, there might not be any issues, but there could be an underlying cause to the poor circulation. An example of such a condition is Raynauds Syndrome.
If you don't currently exercise regularly, then start doing that. Bad circulation is the most common reason for cold extremities. You should also make sure you eat enough protein each day. Your body produces heat when digesting protein, and most people don't eat enough of it (start with making sure you get the RDA).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Craghyrax
If you don't currently exercise regularly, then start doing that. Bad circulation is the most common reason for cold extremities. You should also make sure you eat enough protein each day. Your body produces heat when digesting protein, and most people don't eat enough of it (start with making sure you get the RDA).

I do a lot of walking during term time but I still find that my hands get really cold. Hmmm perhaps it's my protein intake that's the problem, since I'm vegetarian and don't eat many protein products...
Original post by gwaggy
Do your hands ever seize up in response to touching something cold? If so, it could be Raynauld's phenomenon. This directly affects the hands and feet and is because of poor circulation. It's benign though so nothing to be worried about. It's more of just an annoying trait :smile:

No, they don't seize up when I touch something cold but when my hands get cold it can be hard to move them sometimes.
I'll do some research on Raynauld's phenomenon :smile:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I'm the same, my hands and feet are always ice cold but the rest of me is warm, like on my feet even if I'm wearing socks all day, when I get into bed my feet will be so so cold. :colonhash:

It's so annoying isn't it? My hands get so cold that it's actually painful because they start aching :\
Maybe. I should start trying to do the 5-a-day thing again XD
poor circulation...
do u have something called chilblains? if u have that then its defo poor circulation
It's so annoying isn't it? My hands get so cold that it's actually painful because they start aching :\

Yeah like even now, their dry and cold :frown:
Awwwhhh bless and I get pain for them being so cold :colone:
See a GP?

Yeah see somebody. It's probably not anything serious, but it's definitely the sort of thing they should be able to advise you on or even give you treatment for. If nothing else they can hopeful give you a cause so you can look up targeted advice.
First thought for me is a circulation issue and that by itself can have various causes, some with more implications than others. You might want to google things to see what sounds possible and give you a bit more of a talking point with your doctor, but I do suggest you see them even if you're 100% sure what you have. :smile:
Original post by tamil fever
poor circulation...
do u have something called chilblains? if u have that then its defo poor circulation

No, not as far as I'm aware ..

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Yeah like even now, their dry and cold :frown:
Awwwhhh bless and I get pain for them being so cold :colone:
See a GP?

Awwh :\ I'm going to see about seeing a GP next week :smile:
#relatable - My hand are always sooo cold. I always get told I have poor circulation...who knows? Has anyone made the joke about the cold hands/warm heart thing yet? If not, dibs.
No, not as far as I'm aware ..

Awwh :\ I'm going to see about seeing a GP next week :smile:

:h: that's great! i hope it's all good news for you :colondollar:
Original post by lavidastudent
#relatable - My hand are always sooo cold. I always get told I have poor circulation...who knows? Has anyone made the joke about the cold hands/warm heart thing yet? If not, dibs.

I don't think I have heard that joke before :tongue:. How does it go?

Quick Reply

Latest