The Student Room Group

UCAS reference question

Hello

I have a question about my reference.
My tutor says he has sent off the reference but when I logged onto apply it said the reference is still on going. I've tried contacting him this evening but I can't reach him. I was going to wait till tomorrow to ask because the reference is the last part of my application that's not done yet so it's literally just that and I can send it off.

The problem is, he mentioned something about it saying he has to send the reference off three working days before the deadline and I'm worried that by tomorrow it'll be too late. Is the three working days thing true? Or did I just misunderstand something.
I'm an international student by the way.

Reply 1
Original post by dfbenjamin
Have you sent your application off on your end? He won't be able to finalise your reference until you pay and send your application.

No I'm a private candidate so he's got to send it off before I can pay/send
Original post by StrawbAri
Hello

I have a question about my reference.
My tutor says he has sent off the reference but when I logged onto apply it said the reference is still on going. I've tried contacting him this evening but I can't reach him. I was going to wait till tomorrow to ask because the reference is the last part of my application that's not done yet so it's literally just that and I can send it off.

The problem is, he mentioned something about it saying he has to send the reference off three working days before the deadline and I'm worried that by tomorrow it'll be too late. Is the three working days thing true? Or did I just misunderstand something.
I'm an international student by the way.

The reference can be added on the day of the deadline if need be.

Contact him to find out if he's having trouble. You might need to contact UCAS on his behalf.

If there's a problem then contact your universities. They might be able to reassure you or be willing to accept the application with no reference (and your referee can send it to them directly).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending