The Student Room Group

Advice on course change would be muchly appreciated

I'm currently a year 12 student studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Accounting, however the latter I'm regretting as it is both boring and non-facilitating. I want to study maths at Cambridge and I'm wondering whether, at the end of the AS year, dropping accounting to pick up an AS in Additional Further Maths. Would this be worth it and how would Cambridge view 3 A-levels and 2 AS levels in comparison to the 4? Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by jack_brew11
I'm currently a year 12 student studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Accounting, however the latter I'm regretting as it is both boring and non-facilitating. I want to study maths at Cambridge and I'm wondering whether, at the end of the AS year, dropping accounting to pick up an AS in Additional Further Maths. Would this be worth it and how would Cambridge view 3 A-levels and 2 AS levels in comparison to the 4? Thanks in advance

For maths all they are interested in really is your maths. That said AFM is not necessary. You can safely drop Accounting if you want, do the 3 A-levels, and use the extra time to prepare for STEP. Don't underestimate the work needed to do well at STEP...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending