The Student Room Group

Girls rank in order of importance for dating a guy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
And there goes my confidence.
Reply 41
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Sounds a bit like me. I would say they were fairly intelligent. Intelligent people tend to shy away from small talk. They talk about their passions and relevant things going on in the world. So you do look for intelligence in women. Little did you know.

Interesting, I never thought about it that way but I guess that's true. And passion is something I'd group in with intelligence in terms of importance. Give me a tall intelligent guy with a passion any day.
Original post by WoodyMKC
How so? Being intelligent doesn't mean you lead an interesting life and you might be terrible at conversation. I don't see how you'd be safer in their company either?

Intelligent people have weird hobbies. Not all, but alot of them do. Their mind is complex, you can learn alot from them. They are also funny. They work on projects that make changes to the world. I dont know about you, but i find that quite interesting.
They might be terrible at conversation, but that doesn't take anything away from their interesting life. You'll be safer because they are more grounded, evaluate things from different perspectives before reaching a conclusion. You would get good advice and less chances of pointless out rages. They will listen to you and adapt accordingly.
Original post by Supernova91
Money > everything else :cookie:

atleast u speak the truth haha
Original post by Anonymous
All you girls putting money last aren't being honest

Not really. The reasons why I put money towards the end is because:
I'm not a gold digger
I hate relying on people for stuff
Money can't buy true love
lol the amount of times I've seen "money" on this thread is downright sad
Well Stinkbox, your mum finds me interesting enough :u:

Inb4 "Who? That's not me." - f*** off :biggrin:

You are so predictable clown boy.
Reply 47
Intelligence
Personality
Looks
Height
Reply 48
Original post by RDKGames
lol the amount of times I've seen "money" on this thread is downright sad

we were asked to rank them in order, everyone bar two people have put money at the bottom meaning it's not important...
Intelligent people have weird hobbies. Not all, but alot of them do. Their mind is complex, you can learn alot from them. They are also funny. They work on projects that make changes to the world. I dont know about you, but i find that quite interesting.
They might be terrible at conversation, but that doesn't take anything away from their interesting life. You'll be safer because they are more grounded, evaluate things from different perspectives before reaching a conclusion. You would get good advice and less chances of pointless out rages. They will listen to you and adapt accordingly.

This is again assuming highly intelligent people also enjoy working on things or having interesting hobbies :lol:
Original post by Damzel
we were asked to rank them in order, everyone bar two people have put money at the bottom meaning it's not important...

oh lol misread the OP, nevermind :lol:
Original post by Angry Bird
atleast u speak the truth haha

:party:
In jest , of course
This is again assuming highly intelligent people also enjoy working on things or having interesting hobbies :lol:

Well what else would they be studying a Physics or Mathematics or Engineering degree for?
To work as a bin man and collect garbage?
Or cashier at Tescos? These jobs can be automated, they understand that. Its also mundane.
Well what else would they be studying a Physics or Mathematics or Engineering degree for?
To work as a bin man and collect garbage?
Or cashier at Tescos? These jobs can be automated, they understand that. Its also mundane.

Again, assuming. Who's to say that every intelligent person is taking a degree? As I've said above, I know some very intelligent people who work in places like McDonald's and do nothing but play video games in their spare time. We can't assume that every intelligent person is also driven and career minded.
Good personality
Intelligence
Height
Looks
Money
Attraction arises from so much more than just those few things that you've listed. You can't really control who you fall for, even if you say that your type is 'intelligent' guys or 'tall' guys, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll fall for someone intelligent or someone tall. For example, here are some of the types of guys I have liked -
Guy 1 - Quite short, very intelligent, friendly guy, very quiet, I found him extremely cute but my friends insisted that he constantly looked high
Guy 2 - Average height, average intelligence, not exactly physically good looking, friendly, always starts the convo and can't hold the convo
Guy 3 - Very tall, absolute prick, really invested in comic books, has a superiority complex
Guy 4 - Short, friendly, funny, average intelligence, can hold a convo
There's quite a range there but I guess one thing that keeps cropping up is 'friendly'. What can I say? Nice guys really don't finish last. If you're nice and friendly, it's attractive. Also, intelligence comes in so many forms - some people are more academically intelligent while others are more intelligent when it comes to common sense and life in general. I'd say common sense matters a lot more than academics.
Again, assuming. Who's to say that every intelligent person is taking a degree? As I've said above, I know some very intelligent people who work in places like McDonald's and do nothing but play video games in their spare time. We can't assume that every intelligent person is also driven and career minded.

Ok throw a 1000 darts with a blindfold at a balloon 10metres away.
Majority of them will miss, but the probability of 1 dart hitting the ballon would be high.
This analogy relates to our situation of intelligent people. Intelligent people tend to need intellectual challenges. Therefore there is a high probability you will find them in these disciplines. A couples of darts will hit the ballon, assuming the ballon does not burst. These are the few intelligent people who arent in these intellectual stimulating disciplines.

Besides, how do you know they're intelligent?
(edited 7 years ago)
Good personality and intelligence (same thing)
Good looks and height (same thing)
Money
Original post by Retired_Messiah
tfw dude gets a calculator out whenever he meets a girl

LOOL, the calculating are done very quickly in my head anyway.

None of the intelligent people I know are doing anything to "make changes to the world" why is your definition of intelligence wild af

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending