The Student Room Group

Contacting University Admissions - Yay or Nay???

So yeah title pretty much sums this up.
I haven't heard back from a lot of Universities when others on my course applying for the same degree as myself have a little while ago.
I was told that I should contact the University admissions by one of my tutors and that it would show them how keen I am to attend etc and that I may get a positive response.
And then was told by another tutor DO NOT do that as it may scupper my chances and I should just wait. I'm sure of course I will be told to just wait, but it's got me like super anxious now and the mixed responses from the people who are meant to know the answer is bugging me. Please only serious responses and don't be mean x
Original post by Damzel
I haven't heard back from a lot of Universities when others on my course applying for the same degree as myself have a little while ago.
I was told that I should contact the University admissions by one of my tutors and that it would show them how keen I am to attend etc and that I may get a positive response.
And then was told by another tutor DO NOT do that as it may scupper my chances and I should just wait. I'm sure of course I will be told to just wait, but it's got me like super anxious now and the mixed responses from the people who are meant to know the answer is bugging me. Please only serious responses and don't be mean x

I would say don't do it - technically there is no reason why you should, it's not like they've lost your application, they definitely have it they just have either rejected you or are still considering it. Emailing them will seem really unnecessary and desperate imo.
Original post by Damzel

As long as you have some form of acknowledgment from them, I would say wait. They did receive your application. I got acknowledgments from 4/5 my choices but haven't heard anything else either. No offer or rejections. Guess they just take a long time. :smile:
Original post by Damzel

Hi,

Please don't worry too much :smile: I had to wait until March to get my offer for Newcastle Uni, so I know how horrible it is to wait!! Especially when you're seeing other people celebrating getting offers for the same course.

It could be worth posting in the forums of the unis you've applied to. We're always happy to ask the admissions team to check up on applications to Newcastle University :smile: I'm sure the other reps are the same!

Persephone
Original post by Damzel

Ringing admissions to ask when they expect to make a decision is perfectly fine.

Admissions staff are professionals and deal with enquiries like this all the time.

Don't ring up and be a dick on the phone demanding an instant response - just explain that you're worried because your friends have received replies and you haven't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending