The Student Room Group

resits capt to 40%? what does it mean?

resits capt at 40%? What does it mean? does it mean you can only get a 40% grade or that 40% will be deducted? I think i will have to resit my first uni module because i forgot to harvard reference, i only added the website links for my references. if i will only get 40% grade for the resit, is that even a pass?

i'm a textile design student btw and the work wasn't an essay. it included a sketchbook, technical file and boards
(edited 7 years ago)
It means you can't get higher than 40%, even if you were to get say 85% your mark you be capped at 40. 40 is the passmark I believe.

Did you use a different way of referencing?
Original post by samzy21
resits capt at 40%? What does it mean? does it mean you can only get a 40% grade or that 40% will be deducted? I think i will have to resit my first uni module because i forgot to harvard reference, i only added the website links for my references. if i will only get 40% grade for the resit, is that even a pass?

i'm a textile design student btw and the work wasn't an essay. it included a sketchbook, technical file and boards

It means that on a resit you can get a maximum grade of 40%. If it is marked as 80% it will be reduced to 40%, but if you get 38% then you get 38%.

In extenuating circumstances you can get a resit treated as a 'uncapped first attempt'.
Original post by TommehBoi
It means you can't get higher than 40%, even if you were to get say 85% your mark you be capped at 40. 40 is the passmark I believe.

Did you use a different way of referencing?

thanks but i only mentioned website links. i completely forgot to fully harvard reference i just remembered now. i handed in the work last week so it's too late to do it now. i guess i'll have to settle for a pass now.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending