The Student Room Group

How to accept the fact that I'm really ugly?

Ok, this isn't a new topic on the internet, and many people think the same as me: that we ourselves are ugly. But in my case, it's not JUST a problem of self-esteem. I'm really ugly. My face is full of horrible features and I am very skinny. I can improve my body in the gym, but my face ... I gave a lot of bad luck. It's just ugly. It's sad to know that I'll never look good in photos and videos (that's why I don't like to appear in these things), and worse, that I'll never get a beautiful girlfriend. Yeah, I know it's probably a selfish thought, but one thing I've always wanted to have, like any other man, is a beautiful girlfriend, and hasn't anything wrong with that. But then I realized that I'm so, but so ugly, that if I can get someone for me, it will surely be a miracle of God. I just wanted to know how to accept the fact that I'm very ugly and that I'll never going to date a pretty girl (I know that appearance is not everything in the relationship, but let's be honest: IT MATTERS. And my appearance is really disastrous. Not even an very ugly girl would want something with me.) I don't care about these things like: "But what counts is the inner beauty, you only have very low self-esteem, no one is ugly, because beauty is relative." I know I've said it many times, but I'm VERY UGLY! That ugly person you look at and think, "Wow, what an horrendous guy! Glad I'm not like him." So, for everyone that readed until here, very thanks. I'll be really grateful if you give me some types to accept this fact and get on with my life without major problems related to it.
(I'm sorry if this post seems rude or something like that, but was not my intention.)

Scroll to see replies

How does that even add up? Your ugly but want a pretty gf.
Reply 2
By looking in the mirror
Reply 3
At least you're a guy. You can find girls who would date an ugly guy, especially if his personality is not the worst. Imagine being an ugly girl like me. lol
Reply 4
So, never accept you are ugly. This is relative, dependent on personal preference, and ingores the fact that attractiveness is not only about physically appearance. Sure, very attractive people have it much more easy in the dating game and if you are average it is very hard work. Confidence, playing to your strenghts and working on your weaknesses is key. Your obsession with babes is part of the problem. Flirt with everyone and with a lot of patience and tenacity things will come good.
I didn't come here for the feels damn. This hits home.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
How does that even add up? Your ugly but want a pretty gf.

it's normal and natural for anybody to want an attractive partner, unfortunately depending on what you look like it may be unrealistic to get one, doesn't stop a person wanting it though.
Reply 7
Don't worry it's not your fault that you're ugly
It's your parent's
Convert to Islam, that what gingers do
Reply 9
goszka, Zarek and ANM775, thank you all for the replies and the comprehension.

I know I'm being too superficial with this question, and perhaps in my main post, it has seemed that I'm looking for the woman of the dreams of any guy, those movie star's and top model's standards. But that's not really it. I just want a girl that's reasonably attractive to me, and nothing more. The overwhelming marjority of the people can do that, either by appearance, or by personality, or by charisma... but the things gets so much harder when you is damn ugly.

About the obssession with pretty girls, I'd say very appreciation, not really obsession. It's just sad to know that you'll never date a person that you find attractive because of yourself appearance, do you understand? When I was younger, I was very much confident that I'm now, because I didn't noticed how bad I was looked (and still looking). I think it's because this that I had this disillusion with that case. If I had known that I was far from attractive since an early age, I would not even have created any hope of dating someone that I consider attractive. But unfortunately, the truth came a bit late for me. Since then, I feel like an idiot to have believed that I could have a chance to date someone reasonably attractive to me.

But it's not only because that. I feel bad for being ugly for the pictures question mainly (although I have paid less attention to it on this post, this is really the biggest problem for me). I haven't profile photos in no one of my social media's profiles because I don't like to take pics. I always get weird in them and it really makes me sad. All my friends around me having fun, taking pictures of your good moments to keep as souvenirs, and I can't even do this without looking awkward. It's really depressing.
I just wish I didn't care about that anymore, but I can't. That's why I posted here: so that people with good intentions could help me if possible. You guys have already helped me considerably just by understanding my point, and for this I thank you immensely. I'll definitely follow the types that you gived me, Zarek.
And goszka, I doubt that you are really ugly. Perhaps, in your case, it's just lacks of self-esteem, unless you really, REALLY have sure that you're ugly, just like me. But I really hope it's the very first case.
Looks are not everything, personality counts for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're a guy, it's the females who have to be good looking.

Be attractive as possible, get your confidence up, wear nice, well fitting clothes, groom well, have a good hairstyle, hit the weights, have good posture, be sociable, charming, outgoing, focus on your ambition, hobbies, passions.

Focus on your confidence, your personality.

Nothing wrong with wanting a pretty gf, even other females are still very good and have many things to offer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
it's normal and natural for anybody to want an attractive partner, unfortunately depending on what you look like it may be unrealistic to get one, doesn't stop a person wanting it though.

Not me. I'd want someone as ugly as me.. Then again, i guess the table is flipped when you're not a guy. Life is hard when it's the females who are not good looking.
[video="youtube;8r0i-IL3XIA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r0i-IL3XIA[/video]
Watch from the start until 2:33 :h:
You might find yourself attracted to a girl based on her personality rather than her looks. Looks only matter to a certain extent. If your personality matches with the other girl you meet, you will probably like her and the feeling will be mutual for her.
Honest answer is probably nothing will help, looks are important etc etc but you accept it by not letting it manifest itself in your confidence (even though this may feel impossible)
Original post by Anonymous
goszka, Zarek and ANM775, thank you all for the replies and the comprehension.

I know I'm being too superficial with this question, and perhaps in my main post, it has seemed that I'm looking for the woman of the dreams of any guy, those movie star's and top model's standards. But that's not really it. I just want a girl that's reasonably attractive to me, and nothing more. The overwhelming marjority of the people can do that, either by appearance, or by personality, or by charisma... but the things gets so much harder when you is damn ugly.

About the obssession with pretty girls, I'd say very appreciation, not really obsession. It's just sad to know that you'll never date a person that you find attractive because of yourself appearance, do you understand? When I was younger, I was very much confident that I'm now, because I didn't noticed how bad I was looked (and still looking). I think it's because this that I had this disillusion with that case. If I had known that I was far from attractive since an early age, I would not even have created any hope of dating someone that I consider attractive. But unfortunately, the truth came a bit late for me. Since then, I feel like an idiot to have believed that I could have a chance to date someone reasonably attractive to me.

But it's not only because that. I feel bad for being ugly for the pictures question mainly (although I have paid less attention to it on this post, this is really the biggest problem for me). I haven't profile photos in no one of my social media's profiles because I don't like to take pics. I always get weird in them and it really makes me sad. All my friends around me having fun, taking pictures of your good moments to keep as souvenirs, and I can't even do this without looking awkward. It's really depressing.
I just wish I didn't care about that anymore, but I can't. That's why I posted here: so that people with good intentions could help me if possible. You guys have already helped me considerably just by understanding my point, and for this I thank you immensely. I'll definitely follow the types that you gived me, Zarek.
And goszka, I doubt that you are really ugly. Perhaps, in your case, it's just lacks of self-esteem, unless you really, REALLY have sure that you're ugly, just like me. But I really hope it's the very first case.

One thing I've learnt is that honestly, once you start liking someone one way, you like them other ways more too. So if you were to start talking to some girl you didn't really find attractive but you begin to like her personality, I bet you'd start to find her more physically attractive... because you associate her physical being with her positive attributes!
lol i doubt you're that bad. Just get a super healthy diet full of vegetables and work out. It will improve your face drastically.

Alot of ugliness is due to bad diet and lack of muscle/testosterone (if you're a man). You said you are skinny, so clearly you don't work out and are gonna have that sunken skinny unnattractive face. Get a proper diet and start exercising and building muscle, it will increase the testosterone levels in your body and change the shape of your face and all that good stuff.

I think I look ugly sometimes, but thats mainly when my diet is crap and I stop exercising, then my face looks horrible to me. My face looks a lot different to before I first started working out.

Go and make an effort to become the best version of yourself before you start throwing in the towel and feeling sorry for yourself.

if this politician with a kidney bean shaped head can bag a cheeky girl I'm sure you can get a girlfriend lol.

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7107273.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/the-people.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/24/article-2401356-0033E8B400000578-730_634x503.jpg

I've seen documentaries with diseased guys where half their face is all mangled have hot girlfriends just because of their personality lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol i doubt you're that bad. Just get a super healthy diet full of vegetables and work out. It will improve your face drastically.

Alot of ugliness is due to bad diet and lack of muscle/testosterone (if you're a man). You said you are skinny, so clearly you don't work out and are gonna have that sunken skinny unnattractive face. Get a proper diet and start exercising and building muscle, it will increase the testosterone levels in your body and change the shape of your face and all that good stuff.

I think I look ugly sometimes, but thats mainly when my diet is crap and I stop exercising, then my face looks horrible to me. My face looks a lot different to before I first started working out.

Go and make an effort to become the best version of yourself before you start throwing in the towel and feeling sorry for yourself.

if this politician with a kidney bean shaped head can bag a cheeky girl I'm sure you can get a girlfriend lol.

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7107273.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/the-people.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/24/article-2401356-0033E8B400000578-730_634x503.jpg

I've seen documentaries with diseased guys where half their face is all mangled have hot girlfriends just because of their personality lol.

PRSOM, I agree.

I remember this guy who wasn't bad looking but due to his lifestyle - smoking, drinking and very bad diet he had bad skin and was overweight and just looked awful. If he got healthier then he would actually look quite good.
Hi. You sound like you look a lot like my boyfriend. My advice is go out and talk to girls. We aren't anymore difficult to talk to than men and we have a lot of overlap of interest. I will say that really attractive women are not likely to have the same interests as you but reasonably pretty women occur in every interest. My boyfriend was too scared to approach me because he thought I was out of his league (he has self esteem issues), yet when he made friends with me and stopped looking at me as a trophy, he found it a lot easier to make the first move. Also, as I became attracted to his really smart personality, I began to find him very attractive in an unconventional sense. So, I guess stop looking at women as trophies and realise that we are people too, then you will get attractive women who genuinely like you. Hope I didn't ramble too much (I get very frustrated over this non-issue).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending