The Student Room Group

Liking someone knowing you wouldn't work out

I thought about how to type this up for perhaps half an hour. I decided on keeping it simple because the title says it all. Should I bring "us" up and tell him what would and wouldn't work, and how things could be improved if we were to go out? Or do I tell him we wouldn't be compatible? I like him, and I would like things to work out, but I don't want him to change all because of who I am, and what I want. We have this very odd connection, but I'm not sure if I would see myself with him. He also has more feelings of lust, rather than love. I guess I could say I feel that lust just as he does, but there's some feeling to it, too. It's all quite complicated, but I need some advice on what to do or I'll go crazy lol

If details are needed in order to help with your response, please let me know. Thanks so much.
Original post by Anonymous
I thought about how to type this up for perhaps half an hour. I decided on keeping it simple because the title says it all. Should I bring "us" up and tell him what would and wouldn't work, and how things could be improved if we were to go out? Or do I tell him we wouldn't be compatible? I like him, and I would like things to work out, but I don't want him to change all because of who I am, and what I want. We have this very odd connection, but I'm not sure if I would see myself with him. He also has more feelings of lust, rather than love. I guess I could say I feel that lust just as he does, but there's some feeling to it, too. It's all quite complicated, but I need some advice on what to do or I'll go crazy lol

If details are needed in order to help with your response, please let me know. Thanks so much.

Yeah...some details would be helpful lol
Reply 2
Original post by WannaBMedStudent
Yeah...some details would be helpful lol

He, himself, is very odd. He makes a whole lot of sexual jokes and there's mostly small talk happening at all times. If I were to be with someone, I would prefer solid conversations that arent meaningless like the ones that we have. It also seems like he's just way into sex, and that can make me uncomfortable at times. Couple wise, there's just so much that wouldn't work out. Like I said, I feel like he's in it for sex, and I don't know if I should talk to him about that, besides everything else. The thing is, we have this really interesting bond which we've had ever since we have gotten closer (4-5 months ago). I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but it honestly feels as if we would be friends with benefits, even though we are not. Lol does that make sense?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending