The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epoddoulc4
Cowards make anonymous posts, nice use of taqqiya btw
and I'm a coward because....? like I said if you're not going so say anything helpful **** of! You won't be hearing from me again and please do the world a favour and go educate yourself. Btw there is something called getting a life. You should try it sometime 😊
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Ah okay; so years of bringing you up, holding you in their belly for 9 months - going through all that pain and often risking their life, working to provide for you and raise you up and putting you as priority before even themselves doesn't warrant respect?

It'll surely become evident to you the struggles they have gone through and all the sacrifices they've made if you ever have children.

okay so are you saying what mum did to me is okay? and that I should just suck it up coz she's my mum? yes my mum has done a lot for me and I try to please her all the time but she just hits for stupid things like for not getting the right bread or not cleaning the house properly etc. she can tell me of if she wants I dont care. I just don't want to be hurt am I asking for to much?
Original post by Anonymous
okay so are you saying what mum did to me is okay? and that I should just suck it up coz she's my mum? yes my mum has done a lot for me and I try to please her all the time but she just hits for stupid things like for not getting the right bread or not cleaning the house properly etc. she can tell me of if she wants I dont care. I just don't want to be hurt am I asking for to much?

You don't deserve to be hit for things like that honestly. I can relate to you so I know how you feel. My inbox is always open if you want to vent :smile:
Original post by carpetguy
Argh this is all so petty. You got hit, big deal.
Seems like your ego got hurt the most.

It doesn't seem like you're really getting abused...

Speak to your mum, reason with her. Tell her you're unhappy getting hit for silly reasons.

Otherwise look forward to the day you leave.

I didn't say she was abusing me tho. I'm just sick and tired of the way I am being treated as this has been going on for most of my life. I was honestly just looking for advise on what I could do but thanks anyway.
Right can you please keep this on topic and sensible, I will remove any posts that are deemed insulting or abusive towards other TSR Members.
Lol two wrongs don't make a right. Just because your mum hits you doesn't mean you hit her back. That just makes you even worse than the parent. If you really can't deal with it, just talk to her about it and say you don't appreciate her being violent towards you and if it continues to get worse you should call social services.
As a African, I relate to this on every level lmao. Ngl but now when my mum hits me , I become hulk and I don't feel anything. I used to be so sad about it, run to my room and listen to sad songs but now I find myself laughing when my mum hits me
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Lol two wrongs don't make a right. Just because your mum hits you doesn't mean you hit her back. That just makes you even worse than the parent. If you really can't deal with it, just talk to her about it and say you don't appreciate her being violent towards you and if it continues to get worse you should call social services.

OP is 19.

Idek what to say tbh. My mum has had outbursts of anger and beat me, often for small things. This hasn't happened in a while but I think it's made me a bit resentful and hurt by this. I have mixed feelings because she supports me now and I know she loves me and cares for me but I cannot forget what has happened. If you have hardly any good moments with your mum then once you're financially independent move out and don't cut off all contact with her but keep your distance.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
erm I don't him my mum back and would never do such a thing. I think people here are just twisting my words. I really want to get along with my mum but I dont know how. and i wont be calling social services. I dont want to drag her down as she is a mum not just to me but my 5 other younger siblings so I would never do such a thing. looks like I'm gonna have find a way to make her see sense or I'm just gonna have to suck it up. but thanks for the advise xx
your 19...
Original post by CraigBackner
your 19...

that my point. As an adult this shouldn't be happening to me
How many years has she been treating you like this?
my mum is horrible to me as well but she doesnt hit me well not so much but she just shouts and swears at me all the time and ive had enough of it too its just me and her my bro lives with my dad she kicked him out and i would go and live with him but theres no room for me there so idk what to do i try to ignore her but i cant help but retaliate when she starts on me
Original post by CraigBackner
so what do you want us to do?

if you read the thread then I'm pretty sure you would've figured out by now that I came looking for advise. But since your so oblivious I'm telling you now so if your not going to say anything useful then please just don't comment or post anything on this thread. thanks 😊
Original post by markova21
How many years has she been treating you like this?
o
pretty much my whole life 😔 but I wouldn't call it abuse tho maybe mistreatment is the right word...?
Original post by Anonymous
o
pretty much my whole life 😔 but I wouldn't call it abuse tho maybe mistreatment is the right word...?

Her friend was standing there with her and agreeing with her? On another thread on here people were asking the reason Islamophobia exists. Because the people who follow that religion are violent. Wait?? I thought the whole message of Islam was about being peaceful? At least, that's what most Muslims tell us. Which of course, as your original post has clearly demonstrated, is ********. I'm very sorry for your troubles, OP. I hope you can find a way to resolve this. But if it has been going on your whole life then I doubt it will change.
Original post by markova21
Her friend was standing there with her and agreeing with her? On another thread on here people were asking the reason Islamophobia exists. Because the people who follow that religion are violent. Wait?? I thought the whole message of Islam was about being peaceful? At least, that's what most Muslims tell us. Which of course, as your original post has clearly demonstrated, is ********. I'm very sorry for your troubles, OP. I hope you can find a way to resolve this. But if it has been going on your whole life then I doubt it will change.

I hope things do change. and btw what my mum is doing is islamicaley incorrect but she doesn't care no matter how many times I tell her. In my culture it's pretty much okay for parents to beat their kids but in Islam it's not. and my mum is a very cultural person for example I doubt she will let me marry outside my race even if the guy is Muslim however my dad doesn't care. thank you anyway 😊
You are 19, Don't let her hit you and treat you like a mess Are you going to tolerate this forever? Who knows one day she can really hurt you by accident and you can get really hurt - I'm talking hospital, coma, head injury- so watch out.
I love this best advice tbh by far you go!!
Hey guess what I get hit a lot too. R u Asian? Cuz I am. I’m 11 years old. I’ve been hit with slippers, books, phones, etc. Though my mums friends don’t hit me cuz they don’t come over, my dad always joins mum when she’s mad at me. She threw me out the house too. I’ve had thoughts about self harm(don’t tell me to call social services!). I can totally get what you’re going through. You have my absolute sympathy.

Latest

Trending

Trending