The Student Room Group

Is virginity a big deal?

If yes/no, why?
(refer to religious arguments when giving your opinion- JOKE)

Scroll to see replies

It's entirely dependent on your personal beliefs.

For me, no, and I think the concept is silly and outdated.
Reply 2
Apparently on TSR it is..

But seriously it depends on the person, everyone sees it differently. I don't mind really.
Reply 3
Depends on the person

I couldn't care less whether the woman I liked was one or wasn't but... as biased as it may sound... I'd have more respect for a virgin than I would for a sl@g

yeah go ahead and hate me but you women can't say you don't think the same. would you appreciate it more if the guy you was interested in was a virgin or a player?
Original post by Iliriana
If yes/no, why?
(refer to religious arguments when giving your opinion- JOKE)

What's your opinion on it? :smile:
Virginity is a social construct designed to shame people, especially women, for their sexuality. So no, it's not a big deal and it should be totally disregarded in polite conversation.
Original post by Nerry
Depends on the person

I couldn't care less whether the woman I liked was one or wasn't but... as biased as it may sound... I'd have more respect for a virgin than I would for a sl@g

yeah go ahead and hate me but you women can't say you don't think the same. would you appreciate it more if the guy you was interested in was a virgin or a player?

What's wrong if a person has sex every other Tuesday, with different partners? Or a man having sex just as often? It indicates nothing about their personality and if you judge a person / favor someone according to how much sex they have - the problem here is you and you alone.
Same goes for people who see virgins as lowly.
These people force others to have sex when they aren't mentally ready, which is just as bad as discriminating against people who have a lot of sex.

What it comes down to is whether or not you enjoy it - if you want to sleep with someone new every night, go for it!
You want to wait until you find the one? Your call! Just note that it might be a MAJOR disappointment if that person doesn't end up being 'the one,' so just make sure you enjoy it and don't worry too much about it.

In my personal opinion though, I rather enjoy sex with a partner a trust in, and would rather be experienced when I sleep with someone I care about. Your call, though.
Original post by Nerry
Depends on the person

I don't think the same, and I pride myself on that. :u:
Reply 8
Original post by silver001
What's wrong if a person has sex every other Tuesday, with different partners?

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I don't think the same, and I pride myself on that. :u:

lets not kid ourselves here, if you liked someone would you prefer to know that they've been with no one/very few people or that they've randomly shagged different people every week? the answer is very obvious here, only a highly insecure woman or a cuck male would say they genuinely wouldn't care that they stood the chance of being yet another notch on their bedpost.
Original post by Nerry
lets not kid ourselves here, if you liked someone would you prefer to know that they've been with no one/very few people or that they've randomly shagged different people every week? the answer is very obvious here, only a highly insecure woman or a cuck male would say they genuinely wouldn't care that they stood the chance of being yet another notch on their bedpost.

It's the exact opposite. An insecure person doesn't want their partner to have had an active sex life because they fear the 'competition' and being lacking.

A mature person though wouldn't care about their partner's sexual history since sex may or may not be an act of love and if a person is really special, it won't be what they do in bed that makes them stand out but rather who they are.

If the person in front of you thinks of you as a special someone, you will not be a 'notch.' Then again, you might just be butthurt over something 🤷🏻*♀️
I don't think anyone cares.
Original post by silver001
What's wrong if a person has sex every other Tuesday, with different partners? Or a man having sex just as often? It indicates nothing about their personality and if you judge a person / favor someone according to how much sex they have - the problem here is you and you alone.
Same goes for people who see virgins as lowly.
These people force others to have sex when they aren't mentally ready, which is just as bad as discriminating against people who have a lot of sex.

What it comes down to is whether or not you enjoy it - if you want to sleep with someone new every night, go for it!
You want to wait until you find the one? Your call! Just note that it might be a MAJOR disappointment if that person doesn't end up being 'the one,' so just make sure you enjoy it and don't worry too much about it.

In my personal opinion though, I rather enjoy sex with a partner a trust in, and would rather be experienced when I sleep with someone I care about. Your call, though.

There's nothing wrong with it but I'll always prefer someone who has less partners.
Reply 12
Original post by 27FT
What's your opinion on it? :smile:

Well, I do believe virginity is a big deal. The idea of such intimacy when having sex. I feel like if you have sex with your partner, it should be in your late teens (+19).
Well, I do believe virginity is a big deal. The idea of such intimacy when having sex. I feel like if you have sex with your partner, it should be in your late teens (+19).

oh that's understandable. when doing so, you must have a level of maturity, this is something children do not have and it's wrong to have sex at an early age, i think but yeah late teens is acceptable.
Aint got no time to worry about no man :wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really, no. I'm not a one night stand type of person myself but if other people want to lose it to any old person it's fine. It doesn't really mean anything in of itself.

Original post by Nerry
lets not kid ourselves here, if you liked someone would you prefer to know that they've been with no one/very few people or that they've randomly shagged different people every week?

That doesn't implicate that there's something inherently wrong with it.

Well, I do believe virginity is a big deal. The idea of such intimacy when having sex.

Well that's a bit vague.
The more sexual partners someone has the less seriously they take relationships I found. Those people kinda view their partner as disposable and are more likely to dump them and move onto the next instead of working through problems. They don't have the "if it's broken, fix it" mind set. Or they're more likely to get into relationships just for fun with the intention of leaving them at a later date.

Which is fine for them as long as they're not my girlfriend lol.
Original post by 27FT
oh that's understandable. when doing so, you must have a level of maturity, this is something children do not have and it's wrong to have sex at an early age, i think but yeah late teens is acceptable.

I mean when your 17 your not exactly immature, 19 isn't late but it's not the earliest it should occur.
Wouldn't say it was any different between 17 and 19
Original post by lukebailey023
I mean when your 17 your not exactly immature, 19 isn't late but it's not the earliest it should occur.
Wouldn't say it was any different between 17 and 19

When I say late teens I technically mean 16+ any earlier is illegal anyway :smile:
Original post by Nerry
Depends on the person

There's a huge gap between virgin and player or virgin and "sl@g" (note the language you used- it's better to be a guy who has a lot of partners than a girl)

I don't have an issue someone being a virgin, or having lots of partners. It's their attitude that counts.
"Woe is me, I'm a sad virgin who doesn't have sex, no one loves me."/ "I could have any girl I want right now"
vs
"I haven't found someone worth having sex with or no one was interested in me"/ "I've had a lot of partners, but so what?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending