The Student Room Group

I want to rethink my choices.

So I sent my application off a while ago with my 5 choices. Since then, I've basically changed my mind about all of those choices and instead want to go to the university nearest to my hometown. I inquired at college about substituting one of my choices, and I was told that after a certain number of days, it is not possible to do so.

Since I have decided that I no longer want to consider ANY of my choices, and ONLY want to go to the uni near my home, what options do I have?
Original post by comicsans420
So I sent my application off a while ago with my 5 choices. Since then, I've basically changed my mind about all of those choices and instead want to go to the university nearest to my hometown. I inquired at college about substituting one of my choices, and I was told that after a certain number of days, it is not possible to do so.

Since I have decided that I no longer want to consider ANY of my choices, and ONLY want to go to the uni near my home, what options do I have?

is a while ago more than 14 days?
Original post by claireestelle
is a while ago more than 14 days?

Yeah, I think that's the reason I was told I couldn't substitute any of my choices
Yeah, I think that's the reason I was told I couldn't substitute any of my choices

yes, you can't at this point, what you can do is withdraw from all of them (the choices not your application itself) and then go into ucas extra when it opens assuming the university near by will have places available in extra.
Original post by claireestelle
yes, you can't at this point, what you can do is withdraw from all of them (the choices not your application itself) and then go into ucas extra when it opens assuming the university near by will have places available in extra.

Okay thanks! How do I find out if the university has places available in extra?

Ucas will have a search tool from the 25th

best thing is email admissions and ask, universities don't always keep their entries on the UCAS search tool up to date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending