The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmmaNuel8
when did u send your task?

btw, did you get any news from edinburgh?

i sent mine off like beginning of feb. it has only been 2.5 weeks i think.

nothing from edinburgh yet apart from the invitation to their admissions day/talk day held in hong kong.. you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by twenty16app
i sent mine off like beginning of feb. it has only been 2.5 weeks i think.

nothing from edinburgh yet apart from the invitation to their admissions day/talk day held in hong kong.. you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nothing at all :/ but I'm a home student
nothing at all :/ but I'm a home student

when did u send ur task?
when did u send ur task?

exactly a month ago
I applied for Edinburgh, UCL, Northumbria, Loughborough and Kent. So far I've received offers from Edinburgh, Northumbria and Kent. Interview for Loughborough and UCL. So nervous!:afraid::afraid::afraid: Also, just wondering if anybody knows the amount of applicants for UCL this year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KK.Violinist
I applied for Edinburgh, UCL, Northumbria, Loughborough and Kent. So far I've received offers from Edinburgh, Northumbria and Kent. Interview for Loughborough and UCL. So nervous!:afraid::afraid::afraid: Also, just wondering if anybody knows the amount of applicants for UCL this year?

Wow congrats on ur offers and the interviews
I heard that this year the applicants almost doubled from last year...!
this is prob why they are taking a little longer to respond to some of the applicants.
exactly a month ago

Well you will hear from them soon then.
some people waited for 2-3months after they submitted their task lol

I heard that this year the applicants almost doubled from last year...!

Where did you hear that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrétaPanna
Where did you hear that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

someone asked the admission tutor and told me

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone also got an interview at the AA in March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im also applying for k100
For my UCAS personal stament im thinking of mentioning "House by Tracy Kidder"
i have not yet read it but i think ill use it as a transition into how ive develouped my communcation and managment skills
that are important skills for any architect as emphasized in the book

Should i be mentioning this book since i believe even though it does focus on archicture it does involve some fiction so im unusre if i should put it in my personal stament
There are around 2000 applicants for UCL this year. That is what they told me at the interview..
Original post by bbglop
Congratz!! Is that the last one for her?

Last bar UCL!
Original post by kmkmkmk
There are around 2000 applicants for UCL this year. That is what they told me at the interview..

Holy ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randomgirl_1
Im also applying for k100
For my UCAS personal stament im thinking of mentioning "House by Tracy Kidder"
i have not yet read it but i think ill use it as a transition into how ive develouped my communcation and managment skills
that are important skills for any architect as emphasized in the book

Should i be mentioning this book since i believe even though it does focus on archicture it does involve some fiction so im unusre if i should put it in my personal stament

Definitely do not quote a book that you haven't read! Fiction in a book would not be a problem, but you will get tripped up if you purport to have read something you haven't.

The personal statement is supposed to be about you. It doesn't have to be "clever" - almost certainly whoever is reading it (and the hundreds of other personal statements) will have "heard it all before" if you tell them about playing with lego or wanting to build your own monstrous Trump Tower etc. Just explain simply why you want to study architecture, where you have been or what you have seen that has inspired you (ideally avoiding the architecture applicant bingo, "Gaudi, Ghery, Frank Lloyd Wright, Foster, Hadid HOUSE!":wink:. If you have done work experience in an architect's office (or worked on a building site or whatever) then say when and where. If not, then explain how you intend to get work experience before you start. Work experience is not a prerequisite, studying architecture is a distinct thing from working in architecture, but why would anyone take a course without sampling the job they hope to do at the end of it?
Original post by kmkmkmk

fml :ahee:
Original post by SebastianMesser
Definitely do not quote a book that you haven't read! Fiction in a book would not be a problem, but you will get tripped up if you purport to have read something you haven't.

The personal statement is supposed to be about you. It doesn't have to be "clever" - almost certainly whoever is reading it (and the hundreds of other personal statements) will have "heard it all before" if you tell them about playing with lego or wanting to build your own monstrous Trump Tower etc. Just explain simply why you want to study architecture, where you have been or what you have seen that has inspired you (ideally avoiding the architecture applicant bingo, "Gaudi, Ghery, Frank Lloyd Wright, Foster, Hadid HOUSE!":wink:. If you have done work experience in an architect's office (or worked on a building site or whatever) then say when and where. If not, then explain how you intend to get work experience before you start. Work experience is not a prerequisite, studying architecture is a distinct thing from working in architecture, but why would anyone take a course without sampling the job they hope to do at the end of it?

wow so kind
making me a bit worried tho since all i mentioned are engineers and not architects. :facepalm:
assume 2000 applied, yet there will be 500 interviewees, going for 100 places. If you're confident you'll get an interview, your chances are 1/5, not so bad right
Finally! got an interview on 11 April:bawling: Anyone got it on the same day? Is that the last batch?
btw for that personal statement, should I write it in the form they gave us or use another file?
Original post by Zoeeeeeee
Finally! got an interview on 11 April:bawling: Anyone got it on the same day? Is that the last batch?
btw for that personal statement, should I write it in the form they gave us or use another file?

Isn't that past the deadline ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending